Cannot make Windows genuine anymore on SSD since when on separate SATA controller

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cr4z33, May 3, 2012.

1. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    As the title says I cannot make Windows (7 SP1 64 bit) genuine anymore on my SSD and here are the details. o_O

Since yesterday I was using my RAID0 array (2 x WD Raptor), 1 Windows 7 SP1 32 bit partition and its status was <status> column <Healthy (system, active, primary partition)>.
    I was having also a SSD drive on the same SATAII controller with 1 Windows 7 SP1 64 bit partition, and its status was <Healthy (active, primary partition)>.

I then decided to move the SSD to the SATAIII controller and since then its Windows partition stopped being genuine.
    Also my RAID0 partion did, but after the following try it got fixed again.
    The volumes status got swapped (SSD became <Healthy (system, active, primary partition)> and the RAID0 array became <Healthy (active, primary partition)>). <---- Maybe that's the main cause of the problem?

At first I used a method that always worked in the past, especially if you have more Windows drives/partitions to activate at once
    with the ASUS certificate (I have an ASUS Rampage III Extreme)
    and I used the ASUS OEM SLP key

As I wrote before my RAID0 array partition got genuine again at 1st try and the SSD one not.
    So I gave a read at
    and decided to use Daz's Loader.
    Same result no matter if I try also to use Legacy Mode or to disable type 4 memory.

As a side note I want also to add that the Windows bootloader is still running from the RAID0 array although it is not the <system> volume anymore (maybe that should be moved to the SSD?).

I am here to ask you to help me, but please note again that everything is happening since when I moved the SSD to another SATA (onboard) controller. :( :confused:

2. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Anybody caring to help? :(

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I can only speak for myself. I'd love to help, but you may as well be speaking in Klingon given my total lack of RAID expertise.

The only thing I can suggest, and this likely is not what you want to do, is to go back to what was working before.

4. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
  5. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    This is seriously getting ridiculous. The b*****y Windows is popping up with a msg every now and then and that causing my game to switch window <putaswearhere>.
    Pffft... is it really possible that Microsoft wins? :D

6. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009

1. Post an mgadiag report

2. Post a diskmgmt.msc screen capture (big enough to read)

3. Post in the correct thread. (as previously advised by BobSheep)

7. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Advanced Tokens.;)

8. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Yep I will for sure. :D