Cannot play blu ray dvd with windows 7 hp mediasmart player

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by markthediver, Jun 14, 2010.

1. markthediver

markthediver MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Hi,

Can somebody tell me the answer to my problem.....

i can not play blu ray dvd (star trek) with windows 7 hp mediasmart player?

it told me to update with a patch from cyberlink but is not working still

any help would be great, thanks in advance

Mark

2. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    what's the model of you pc? and are you running 32bit or 64bit?

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #3 Rosco, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    I'm not trying to be offensive but I assume you have the necessary codecs to play blu-ray dvds as they are not included in 7 - I'm assuming the "windows 7 hp mediasmart player" is third party software that includes the necessary codecs.

I install Anydvd HD and Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra and can do whatever I want with Blu-ray including editing them to a USB harddrive to play on our widescreen plasma at full resolution and audio - I refuse to shell out for a bluray player when the technology is already outdated - a small Blu-ray DVD ROM for the computer was cheap and editing blu ray to USB harddisks is simple - OK so I'm breaking the law - hope the FBI isn't reading this !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. markthediver

markthediver MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    hdx 18 laptop

and running 64bit

i had no probs before but tried to watch again and it runs for 10 seconds then freezes? i did read something about daemon tools being a prob i have not unistalled and retried however.

but was reading an old post from some web site that it needed a update to use newer blu ray disc`s but my player is the most upto date. i can rip it etc and covert it but i want to use the original disc to play???

5. Alice1980

Alice1980 MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2010
    Frankly speaking, you simply need a Blu-ray Ripper for you to rip Blu-ray files to windows 7 hp mediasmart player. For high-efficient third-party software, I would like to recommend u Aunsoft Blu-ray Ripper which can be easily found through Google.

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    The only ripper I use for blurays and I store the entire iso on a hard drive so that it can be mounted by daemon tools lite is Slysoft AnyDvd which sadly enough cost money.... However it is very reliable...

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. Impokito

Impokito MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm not sure if media player can play blurays without any codecs installed. You could always download vlc player. It plays almost any video/audio file extensions out there and has most of the codecs preinstalled. I also noticed that the video runs smoother with it for some reason. Had it installed for about 5 months and it works great. No bugs or crashes so far :)