Cannot power up my computer

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by fairlady350z, Feb 25, 2008.

1. fairlady350z

fairlady350z MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2008
    The problem with the situation is that there is no PROMPT! I mean, there is no CMOS/BIOS screen, even with DEL press, or whatever. If there were some sort of a prompt,

So, now the situation is, when I turn on my system, the power LED lits up, power and CPU fans working, machine noise begins, no BIOS screen, no BIOS POST message, no system failure or any other message.

What is the problem? i did not change the CMOS/Bios. Is it my power supply or my motherboard got problem.

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Take out ram, network card etc. Your PC (more precisely: bios) should be doing beepcodes...they can be interpreted depending on the bios you have..

If there is no reaction on taking out all components, some serious damage is probably done.

Diagnosis is difficult here, it could be due to many reasons. Can you give is more precise information?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fairlady350z

fairlady350z MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2008
    i have try to take ot the ram and insert back but nothing happen. Ya there is no beep sound. I have update the bios online but the problem still there. Before i update the bios the problem is there. I just have a hard time starting the pc. Now i have to wait 5-10min before the pc start automaticly.

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Does it generally start now or does it not?

If you know your bios, you can decipher those beepcodes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...