Cannot re-install Microsoft Office 2010

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by indratj, Oct 25, 2011.

1. indratj

indratj MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    I am using Microsoft Office 2010 using trial and activated using EZ-ACTIVATOR, after there was a power fail in my home I cannot load Office 2010 and when I try to install always fail (cannor re-install) the message was Cannot install since trial version already registered (I forgot the correct message) What should I do to regain my office 2010

Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use the 'Uninstall Office 2010' function in the Office Toolkit ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. indratj

indratj MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    I did that but still cannot re-install

4. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Member

Apr 2, 2010
    #4 piercekalton, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    if there was a power failure that caused you not to be able to load programs there *might* be damage to the hard drive and/or the RAM. first use memtest86 to test your ram then you should run MHDD or some other HDD scan tool. you could at least run a chkdsk

if you don't know how here's instructions for windows 7:

goto start - run
    type cmd and hit ctrl-shift-enter (to run as administrator)
    click yes on user account control pop-up
    type chkdsk c: /r
    it will ask if you want to run chkdsk when the system restarts, type Y then hit enter
    reboot and let it finish completely

then, if it was me, I'd also do sfc /scannow from administrator cmd prompt

5. indratj

indratj MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    I'll try your suggestion, but when I install other program I facing no problem at all. I think something written by microsoft office and this might be the problem. Anybody knows what should I remove from registry?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use MS Toolkit, under the office section press 'Delete all' at 'License Files' tab :rolleyes:. Remember to select your office edition...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. indratj

indratj MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    From where can I get MS toolkit?

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. indratj

indratj MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    I've done all your guys suggested but still cannot re-install the Microsoft Office 2010. The error screen is MOf.jpg

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, did u download Office 2010 Pro Trial from MS?? I think its time to download MSDN Pro Plus SP1 integrated image from here.

Actually, Pro can't be activated via KMS channel. EZ-Activator/Toolkit removes the trial license and install Pro Plus license which enables it to be activated via KMS channel. So, it better to download Pro Plus version ;)

11. indratj

indratj MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm using Microsoft Office 2010 Trial version. Anayway, I already install the software by reformating and re-instal W7 :)