Cannot run Windiag

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Jaka88, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Jaka88

Jaka88 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    Hello,

I have recently decided the check my RAMs for errors because of all the freeze ups and blue screens I have been having. So I decided to use two diagnostic programs in order to analyze the problems: Windiag and Memtest86. I have burned both of them to a bootable disc and tried running them on my computer, but for some reason it does not want to start them. I have also tried running a bootable USB, but the situation is even worse. The CD gets dettected in the BIOS menu, but I receive the error when the system tries to run it. After it just runs the windows normaly. But the USB does not even get detected in the BIOS. I am very puzzled with this because I have tried running both programs on my other computer and they seem to work well there. o_O If anyone has any idea what to do I would appriciate it very much.

Regards, Jaka

2. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Hi, Jaka.
    Will the machine boot from any other live or bootable media. Has it ever?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jaka88

Jaka88 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    I don't think so. I mean this was the first time that I tried to boot it from some other source than hard drive.

4. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Try to make Hirens BCD and boot from usb pen drive. :) it has memtest in it. and leave for ~8hours.