cant acctivate windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by reww, Mar 24, 2010.

1. reww

reww MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    today i cloned my hardrive using norton ghost and now i can just log into my account on both of them and its just a light blue screen that says unauthicated verssion windows 7 ver 7600 or something simular with just my mouse floating around. How can i authenticate it so i can use it again? and if i go run prosses explorer.exe it just loads up some icons but wont let me do anything.

thanks

2. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Try this method,

1- Put windows 98 CD in your CD ROM and format your hard drive by FAT (not quick), because I've analyzed that nothing can format your hard drive perfectly as Windows 98 format FAT option. (After formatting, stop installing Win98).

2- Now put your Windows 7 DVD and format hard drive (quick) using NTFS and install Windows 7 again.

3- Activate Windows using your origional CD Key.

OR

Simply put Win7 DVD and format your hard drive by NTFS (not quick) and after this install Windows 7 and activate online.

Tell me if it didn't help you.

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    A really important lesson

Before you dick with your system make a reliable backup first

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. apollopimp

apollopimp MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    +1 good info there

5. kristain

kristain MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    Open the command prompt in Windows7. Type the slmgr.vbs -ckms. It will remove your machines key management service entry. Type slmgr.vbs –upk to clear the install license key on your machine. Type slmgr.vbs -ipk and then your new product key. Hopefully,your system will be activated.

6. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    What actually both do you mean? I think I've written wrong answer? Am I right? If I wrote wrong then you should tell me. OK if I'm wrong, then I request to administrator to remove it. I admit that wrong answer must be deleted. I don't want to see that I did loss of anyone.

If I'm right then it's well and good.

Thanks and Regards,

7. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    +1
    very useful info.. this is the kind of info. i like to see :)

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007