Can't activate Malwarebytes Premium License

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by WinFree, Mar 18, 2019.

1. WinFree

WinFree MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2016
    #1 WinFree, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    When I try to do a new install and activate Malwarebytes Premium license it says that it has been installed on too many devices and won't activate license. How do I fix this? My license is paid for and legit.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Contact Malwarebytes directly and explain your issues to them! That would the only way to solve such a problem!

If you (or someone else who has access to your (own?) product key of Malwarebytes) installed on several different devices, Malwarebytes could block your License if they want to do so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Actually buying it, troll.

4. WinFree

Aug 6, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I can't find any email to contact them. Do they have an email to contact them? Can't find it anywhere.

5. WinFree

Aug 6, 2016
    My license is paid for and legit.

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Did you have the same key in use on the same computer before upgrading and MB was activated?
    Is the Windows.old folder already deleted or is it still there? If so, then Your activation data is in folder Programdata/Malwarebytes - close MB and copy it to current programdata folder, now if You restart MB, it should be activated, if was before activated.
    But the other thing is not believable, MB haven't never sold the same kay for different users. And any key can be used in three different computers, tha's it and if You already have used it in three computers, then is all.
    I doubt the support will help You. Have never heard that somebody have got help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. WinFree

Aug 6, 2016
    I have only installed it on new clean installs. I have probably activated it too many times. Maybe you have to deactivate it before activate it on new install?

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #10 kaljukass, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    It doesn't help. As I said, You must backup Malwarebytes folder from directory Programdata, activation info is stored there. File name I don't remember because I do not use it for long time already.
    It is a much wiser thing, if not to put such a malware knowingly on own computer. It's really well known malware now. It was useful and usable before 2015, but not no more.

9. DPyro

DPyro MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2011
    Sign into malwarebytes site, add license to account and deactivate computers.

10. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #12 SPDIF, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Writing over the Malwarebytes folder does not work!!! Malwarebytes TIES the License key to your unique computer ID, same way as windows 10 does with a key.
    Everything is stored on the license server from MWB now. If your HDD fails or it is impossible to repair windows, then you loose 1 count of your key. After 3 activation's with the same key on your PC or another one, you will get this error.
    Even if you made a fresh install on the same computer, the unique ID is different now, and you loose 1 activation from 3.
    Edit 05/2019: As for now, Malwarebytes changed policy a bit, 1 Key=1PC, no more 3 activation's allowed from now on. Only 1 activation is allowed with same key.

It is possible to have your count back down if you:

1) Uninstall MWB on your computer, where the license server will add +1, and have one try free again.
    2) In MWB Account menu, click on DEACTIVATE LICENSE, this too will give you back the key, with you can use for another PC, or a fresh install.
    3) In your Malwarebytes Account, Deactivate your old or not working PC.

This only works if NO ONE ELSE use the same key!!!

If you get the error that the key is used too many times, then only MWB can help you. Go to their forum, sign in there and make a request on the forum. You will get a ticket number where the team will gladly help you, as long your key is legal!
    I had the same problem with some fresh installations, and MWB helped me give back my License Key. They also tied the license key to My Account on their site, so now i can deactivate any key by myself if anything happens.
    Make sure you have proof of your purchase by hand, as they will ask for it. If so, they will gladly help you out of trouble in a few days. They have a good and friendly service.

11. Gimpydog

Gimpydog MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2013
    if u paid for malewarebytes like i did i have and account with my info an payments an invoice an activation's.
    under my account u get all devices that had access to your product key, and u can deactivate them an reactivate Ur devices.

if its a key u bought off eBay or another web site u will not have access to malewarebytes control panel with your license on it.
    this means ur key been generated an cracked so ur key wont no longer work. THERE IS NOT NO LIFETIME KEYS SINCE 2005
    THERE ALL PRESCRIPTIONS NOW PER MONTH OR YEAR ....

I HOPE THIS HELPS

12. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Everything else is correct, but here is a little mistake:
    You wrote:
    But it should be 2015. If You want, I can also say the date, when all old keys was possible to change to new ones. And if the old keys were not changed, they aren't no longer valid.
    Old activation keys look like this:
    ID = 5MH38
    Key = XU22-P5LT-R2MB-9TR9
    New keys look like this
    MC5HJ-J3ZGY-JKR16-JD76Q
    NB! Both of keys have been changed and they are not usable.

13. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Sign into - My Account on malwarebytes.com , add license to account and deactivate all devices / computers. And then try to activate. Check for how many devices you activate licenses 1 or 3

14. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
  15. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #19 ipx, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022

16. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    As for now, you can do a good deal with Malwarebytes 4-Year for only 5 dollars!!
    Via Student Beans Account.

The new version 4.0.4.49 looks very good and fresh interface!

Key features:

• Improved zero-hour detection – pinpoints new threats as they arise and before they can wreak havoc on your device
    • Expanded malware detection – blocks even more malware for improved protection
    • Signature-less behavioral detection – identifies the latest variants of dangerous malware families that attempt to evade traditional signatures through runtime packing, obfuscation and encryption, offering instant protection against new threats that traditional AV has a hard time detecting
    • Faster threat definition process – streamlines the publishing of new definitions, reducing the time it takes to protect you from new threats
    • Revamped user interface – Completely redesigned user interface that is intuitive, more informative and simple to use
    • Threat statistics – allows you to see what Malwarebytes is doing for you in real-time and get a first-hand view of what threats are coming at you (and being blocked)
    • Cybersecurity news – dynamic feed keeps you informed of the latest threats and other security topics
    • Easier updates – more automation means you receive the latest protection with less effort