cant activate vista after slic 2.1 added

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by madrik79, Oct 29, 2011.

1. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    hi guys

in my other post i have modified the windows 7 oem activation kit to allow me to create vista aio multi oem image for my work

great everything works, but after booting into vista i cant activate it, i have the alienware 2.1 slic in my bios and have tried both the alienware certs i have and neither will activate left with 30 days

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Try Daz's loader. It will install the correct cert & key for u!!

BTW, is the Vista installation crap-free?? I mean have u tried anything (activation solution) else?? :g:

3. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    totally clean mate no loaders or anything clean install straight from aio image

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hmm... try Daz's loader first!! Then post a MGADIAG report.

5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    If its not activating it can only be:-
    1. Incorrect slp key - Are you using the correct vista slp key.
    2. incorrect cert - Is your cert correct for the vista version.

I use to have a Rock xtreme laptop which used the alienware bios mod. I had no problems dual booting and activating with vista and win 7.

6. madrik79

madrik79 MDL Novice

May 23, 2011
    All sorted now, had to remake a new iso the oem folder had the boot emulater in it i feel like a right numpty now