Can't Activate Windows 10 Build 9926. Error 0x80072EFD

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by superjose, Feb 12, 2015.

1. superjose

superjose MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Hello MDL! What's up! I did an in-place upgrade from Build 9901 (leaked) to build 9926. But I can't seem to activate Windows no matter what I try.

I have the proper key installed (Currently running the Pro non enterprise Version)
    NKJFK-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Tried running:

slui.exe 3, slui.exe 4

The slmgr -ipk NKJFK-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and slmgr -ato commands to no avail

I even tried doing the Phone activation, but Windows only displays up to the G character. (Missing H)

Any ideas?

Or does it call for a clean install?

The error seems to be linked to Windows not connecting to the servers. Tried checking the host file, and my Internet connection and found no problems, whatsoever.

I'm kind of getting bugged about the Windows Activation Pop Up every couple of hours...

Thanks in advance ;)

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be an 'clean' install is on order!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sXpTv

sXpTv MDL Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Yeah, you should completely reinstall Windows 10.
    9901 has a upgrade bug as far i know.

4. robE

robE MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    I had something like this before, i just had to unregister the key that was registered before and register it again.

5. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    you are upgrading from the leak build, fresh install 9926 to avoid headaches and not authorized versions
    there are still many problems with upgrade

6. superjose

superjose MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Thanks people! :p

That's what I wanted to avoid (Meh!). Guess that's what is going to be!

The thing is that I don't know what was the other key! I believed it was the same one...

7. Zeppelyn56

Zeppelyn56 MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2011
    Well according to the Microsoft support session I had for a similar issue (clean install) was that although he could not fix the issue I was not to worry as the preview would just continue working and has logged the bug.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If the key was automatically used by initial installation, just go to the source (DVD or ISO etc.) open the Source Folder and look for the file PID.TXT and open with Notepad and you got the key used by installation!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. superjose

superjose MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    #9 superjose, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    (OP)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Nice!

I'll try that asap!

Edit:

So I just looked it up in the 9901 .iso, and didn't find it in there! I looked it up in 9926 and it's the same generic key that MS is displaying on its website!!