Can't activate Windows 7 Ultimate using Windows Toolkit or Daz Loader.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zak14, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Zak14

Zak14 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2014
    I just bought a HP Pavilion 15-n096ea which came pre-installed with Windows 8.

I decided to install Windows 7 onto it, since I hate Windows 8.

After I installed it, I tried activating it using the MS Toolkit 2.4.9 (the EZ-Activator tool), but I was given this message:
    "Cannot Activate because this product is incapable of KMS Activation".
    |
    So I decided to give Windows (Daz) Loader 2.2.1 a try and I'm given the message:
    "Unsupported partition table".

Here's how I installed Windows 7:
    I went into the UEFI firmware settings (which I guess is BIOS, I'm not sure, it's very similar). Then I disabled "secure boot", enabled "legacy support" and installed Windows 7 Ultimate from a disk that I've been installing from for a couple of other (non-Win8) computers, which worked just fine. Whilst installing the OS, I deleted all the partitions except the 'Recovery' partition and installed the OS onto the unformatted partition.

What did I do wrong? Or is there something else I should've done.

P.S: Please talk easy, I'm not a very computer-savvy guy.

Thanks.

2. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Daz activator does not supports UEFI mode. u should turn off that UEFI at first. u have to install windows 7 as legacy bios mode after use Daz activator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    You can activate Windows 7 with MTK only if you have installed Professional VL or Enterprise.

4. Zak14

Zak14 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks but how do I turn off the UEFI and how do I install as legacy bios mode?
    And how will this affect how the computer works? Will I still have the recovery option and all, say if I wanted to go back to windows 8?

I have activated Windows 7 Ultimate using the ms toolkit a couple of other times using the 'EZ-Activator' option on MTK.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Zak14

Zak14 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2014
    Erm, sorry. How do I convert to MBR?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. AmdM

AmdM MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2008
    zac14, did you install Windows 7 x86 or x64?
    I can't help you but i'm curious since i can't install x64 in a similar HP laptop that also came with windows 8 x64.

9. Zak14

Zak14 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2014
    #9 Zak14, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    (OP)
    Thanks a lot everyone, I was able to use the DAZ Loader after re-installing Windows 7 in non-UEFI mode.
    I also deleted my 'Recovery' partition. I don't know if that did help in any way, but I didn't need it anyway since HP Recovery doesn't work once you've done a clean install.

I installed the 64-bit version ofcourse. Detail your problem and I'll see how I can help with what I know. And what model laptop do you have?

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

I would have done the same. :) (Also deleted w8) :D
    The first thing I always do when I have a new machine which comes with a preinstalled OS is to delete all its partitions, re-partition it and make a clean install of an untouched original ISO.
    Preinstalled machines come with a load of bloatware, the recovery also has it.

Your w8 license key is stored in your EFI. You can any time install a clean w8 / w8.1 OS, you just need to know the right SKU and version (core or professional to download). The setup should read the key during install, alternatively you can read it out and apply manually when activating online.

BTW: Yes, deleting all the partitions (recovery also) and recreating made w7 diskpart tool (setup) to set it up as MBR (default)...that's what I have meant...;):).
    To boot from MBR your EFI settings must have legacy boot support enabled.

In short:
    BIOS boots usually a MBR.
    (U)EFI can boot from GPT and MBR. To boot from MBR legacy support must be enabled at the (U)EFI settings.

To enable legacy support does NOT change the way it IS! It is either MBR or GPT. One needs to change that on the system drive!
    Some are confusing (U)EFI settings and the way it originally boots. :biggrin:

11. Cr4Ckm4N

Cr4Ckm4N MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    #11 Cr4Ckm4N, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    what? format that? there a trigger that works if you have GPT too. microsoft windows activator called my xxxxxxxxx I run very well and I have my GPT partition on a hard drive I have win 8 factory that came with my laptop and have the other win 7 which fall within GPT install win 7 formatendo that partition and the conve diskpart to mbr but still recognize me as acivadores other gpt and I came out the clear message that even unsupported partition table mbr partition but it was still in use activator activator microsoft windows without problems xxxxxxx activated cap test and tell me how was it that the long post but it sure has some googleador with the same problem will bring you here and I can also help a greeting
    link the program