[Solved] Can't activate windows 7 with WL or KMSPICO :/

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vree, Aug 14, 2017.

1. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    So yeah installed windows 7 on a pc that came preinstalled with windows 8.

Everything in the end including the drivers got installed after jumping trough some hoops.

But I can't activate windows.

windows loader:2.2.2
    Unsupported partition table
    Knipsel.PNG

Kmspico latest version:
    Start shouts something about complete. Can't press or see any button and it shows a box with "nothing to do here"

So yeah I can't activate windows 7 never had this trouble on other pc's :/

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Two reasons:
    1. You have Ultimate edition and neither KMSpico nor any other KMS tool can activate this edition.
    2. Windows Loader (WL) can. But you have installed on a GPT disk and WL not supports such disk style.

Two solutions:
    1. Either you install Ultimate edition on a MBR disk style then activate with WL.
    2. Or install Professional or Enterprise editions on GPT disk and activate using KMSpico.

In case you did not understand my post use this one:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-activate-windows-7-on-pcs-with-uefi.61595/

3. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    So now I tried REMOVEWAT and I get this:
    Knipsel2.PNG

Two reasons:
    1. You have Ultimate edition and neither KMSpico nor any other KMS tool can activate this edition.
    2. Windows Loader (WL) can. But you have installed on a GPT disk and WL not supports such disk style.

1 yes it's the ultimate edition.
    What is a GPT disk? I have used windows loader in the past to activate this. But that was on a dell pc. And the old loader I have didn't support HP in the options.
    So I tried the new version but that one now gives the above error.

Two solutions:
    1. Either you install Ultimate edition on a MBR disk style then activate with WL.
    I guess MBR is the final release instead of the one I got before release? That one called GPT?
    2. Or install Professional or Enterprise editions on GPT disk and activate using KMSpico.
    I need the ultimate edition to change language.

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Why did you do that :doh:. The majority of Loader problems here is due to that nasty hacks.

@Mr.X just posted all info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Because I did not know what to do next. See My previous post updated that one with all the info.

I don't mind reinstalling the whole windows but then I need the correct way and I don't know what these short names mean.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    GPT is the partition scheme used on UEFI systems (google for more info).

Your options would be:
    #1. Install Professional and use KMS activation, it's not depending on the partition layout used.

#2. Install Ultimate using the legacy option in machines UEFI (assure secure boot is disabled). Then use the loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    I actually did option 2 exactly like you described it. So why didn't it work?

Is it because I tried kms first?

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    If you enable Legacy Mode (or sometimes called CSM) in UEFI, the machine will act like with a BIOS and install the system in MBR layout partitions. Has nothing to do with the Loader.

9. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Yeah I did enable legacy mode and all that but that lead to the first error in my first post.

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    After enabling legacy mode did you reinstall windows 7 SP1? And if not, reinstall windows and make sure you select the boot media without the prefix UEFI, delete all partitions on the target drive and repartition (and if there are any extra storage drives connected, disconnect them before booting up before installation).

11. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Yes, changed bios to legacy mode.After that booted from wilndows 7 disc, formaten the whole drive made new partition. Installed on that partition. Updated to service pack 1 and installed dutch language pack.

That's all I did and I got the first error.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Which error did you exactly get, KMSpico saying: "there is nothing to do here" or the loader saying incompatible partition? What windows 7 SP1 did you install and why using a languagepack when the dutch iso's are readily available.

13. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009

14. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    It installed. Flashed the normal window with a red button for a while. Shouted activated or something. And after that fraction of a second window pop up it showed nothing to do here.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Maybe it's easier in dutch.

Welke windows 7 SP1 is nu geinstalleerd? (which SKU is installed)
    Is het nog steeds GPT (UEFI) geinstalleerd of Legacy BIOS/MBR? (is it still GPT or MBR now?)

16. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Legacy. But it has been messed up more because of the removewat. See second screenshot.

Edit:

It has been formatted and partitioned by the windows 7 disc itself.

17. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    No you didn't change the bios to legacy mode otherwise you wouldn't have received the error message you mentionned in your first post, you installed your win7 ultimate version in UEFI using GPT disk.
    So now solutions have been proposed to you by different members here, you can either reinstall your win7 version in bios with legacy boot using MBR disk, you can also choose to install professional or enterprise versions in UEFI/GPT and use kms activators.

If you don't want to reinstall your windows version, i can give you a license key for your ultimate version and your problem will be resolved.
    we are not allowed to send license keys here whether in the chat or in topics so if you are interested by this method, i will send it to you in private.

18. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Somehow i doubt that :thinking:.

Please show output of (in admin CMD):
    Code:
    diskpart
    then
    Code:
    lis dis

19. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Lols

No I didn't because I had trouble installing windows 7 because of errors. That's why I HAD TO change the bios to legacy mode before I even could boot the windows 7 disc. So yeah I'm 100% positive it's in legacy mode.

But I'm going to redo the install anyway. This was just asking what could have gone wrong. So it wouldn't repeat itself.

Maybe it's because it's a windows7 edition that was leaked before the release. Or maybe my bios isn't updated enough. Or maybe it's just hardware incompatible because the laptop came shipped with windows 8. Was looking more in that area of problems.

20. vree

vree MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Will do when I get back home!

Bush I can tell you this when I change it back to no legacy mode it won't boot windows anymore. That's why I'm sure it's in legacy mode