Cant boot after using windows 7 loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jimjitsu, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jimjitsu

jimjitsu MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Hello can anyone help point me in the right direction, my motherboard sh*t itself so I bought a new one and thought I would test it with windows 7. After a new install I tried to use the windows 7 loader, after it installs and shuts down my pc on rebooting I just get stuck at the end of the post screen. The same thing happens when I install vista and use the softmod, read something about checking the bios for slic table with everest done that and can't find anything that say's slic table on it under apci. really dunno what to do can anyone help please thanks :)

2. lepezasto

lepezasto MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello, I'm new to this forum and do not know much about computer stuff, but I now a little. So I am installing Windows 7 on a new laptop that previously had Linpus. I just deleted that partition, created two new ones and overpassed the one that's called system reserved by deleting the primary partition and then expanding the system reserved one. And now I'm left with two partitions, as was my intention. After Windows were installed I then installed Windows Loader which asked for a restart. After that, every time my laptop starts, first there's the startup black screen and in the bottom of the corner it only says press F2 for setup, and the next screen is press any key to run CD/DVD. If I don't press it, it goes back again to the first startup screen, and if I press a key to load the CD, it immediately goes to installing windows, accepting the license terms, and then where do you want to install windows. there is no recover your computer option as I never see the screen where it says: install now, what to know before installing Windows and the crucial Repair your Computer.

Oh, and when I press F2 on my Boot list there's:
    1. HDD 0: ...
    2. ATAPI CD/DVD: ...
    3.USB FDD
    4. Network Boot: Realtek PXE B02 D00
    5. USB HDD
    6. USB CD/DVD

Also:
    Quiet Boot: Enabled
    Network Boot: Enabled
    F12 Boot Menu: Disabled
    D2D Recovery: Enabled
    Wake on Lan: Disabled
    SATA Mode: AHCI Mode

Can you please help me?
    Thank you very much.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    f12 boot menu enable.

reformat from windows advanced section.
    what acer model is it ? slic 2.1 mod ?

4. lepezasto

lepezasto MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2012
    when I enable it and press F12, I get:
    Boot Menu
    1. HDD 0
    2. ATAPI CD/DVD
    3. NETWORK BOOT

what does it mean to reformat from windows advanced section, where do I find that?

This is Acer Aspire v5-531-967.
    I don't know what slic 2.1 mod is, but my system BIOS Version is V1.10 and my VGA BIOS Version is 2132.

5. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    #5 supaduper, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    After f12, select 2,press enter,windows will start installation.
    when you get to the Disk/partition page look at the options on the bottom of the screen.
    Highlight/select the partition and delete it, do this to all the partions.
    then you will see the `NEW` option bottom right select it and Windows will start installing.

Aso change the sata mode in BIOS to compatibility

6. lepezasto

lepezasto MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2012
    Why would I do the installation all over again? And I did that already. It happened that I installed Windows twice on the same partition because I tried to get to Recover your computer page, which I couldn't (as I should have gotten to it after installing Windows Loader and getting stuck at the repetitive startup page). After that I deleteted all the partitions and created two new ones, installed Windows again, istalled Loader and again cannot get past the startup page.
    I don't believe that re-installing it will do anything differently, as I have already done that.

edit: also, I can change SATA mode only to IDE mode.

7. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
  8. lepezasto

lepezasto MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2012
    What I did was follow the advice from Common Q&A:

• Press and hold SHIFT and then press F10. I did this all the while the CD was loading and then I finally got to command line, I wrote bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force and restarted the PC. Finally, my Windows loaded normally. Is that all? I am happy now.

9. lepezasto

lepezasto MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2012
    OK, another problem. Now I have only one 100Gb Hard Drive, the one where I installed my Windows. The other partition I allocated was of 200Gb size and I don't see it in My computer folder.

10. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    ok probably still `RAW` go to control panel\Administrative Tools\computer management\Disk management\ now you will see your Hard drive and partitions,just format your unseen 100 gb.

11. lepezasto

lepezasto MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, I actually realized that by myself.
    Thanks anyways!