Can't boot into windows after loader? Try this:

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xer0syk0, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xer0syk0

xer0syk0 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2009
    I hope these tips help out....although I cannot verify tip #1. It is speculative at most and comes from my own experience of getting my system bootloader raped by Hazar's loader.

I would like it if someone could confirm #1...

My story:
    My machine was originally an OEM Gateway with Vista Home Premium installed, and I dual booted it with XP Professional.

I cleared my hard drives to delete Vista and XP, but left Gateway's OEM Recovery console (protected by PC angel) sitting there. I tried Hazar's loader and couldn't boot into windows afterwards; I used the installation disc to repair my bootloader files. I then formatted the recovery console partition.

Using Daz's loader next (using the soft mod option) worked perfectly for me.

Tips:
    Ensure that...

1. If you are a dual boot user, that you clear existing bootloader configurations using a program such as VistaBootPro 3.3.
    The loaders have a high chance of corrupting your bootloader, thus making it impossible to boot into Windows normally.
    It may not be possible to install Windows 7 as the "second" OS to dual boot. Rather, you may have to use Windows 7 as the "default" OS.

2. If you happen to have an OEM Recovery Console partitioned (Gateway/HP/Dell), back it up to another drive if possible. Then format it
    and try to reclaim the existing space by extending one of your Disk 0 partitions to "eat it up".
    Recovery console partitions, in most cases, cannot be deleted with the Disk Management function in Windows. In order to delete them,
    you must put in a boot disk (Windows XP Professional/Vista Ultimate/Windows 7 Ultimate installations are best if available) and manage
    the partitions from outside Windows. Here are the steps that should be taken:

1. Boot from the Windows installation disc.
    2. Choose to Install Windows.
    3. Select the Custom/Fresh Install option (as opposed to the Upgrade option).
    4. Click the "Manage Disks/Partitions" link/button to see your existing partitions. Hit Advanced options located under the list.
    5. Select the Recovery Console drive, hit format. Extend it if possible. You can also delete it if you would like.
    6. You can manage the left over space with another program/interface of your choice.

****If you cannot boot into Windows as the result of a loader overwriting your boot settings, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Windows 7 Ultimate installation disc.
    2. Boot from it (either through setting your BIOS boot order or boot menu).
    3. When the disc loads and after you have chosen your language, click Repair My Computer.
    4. Allow it to Search for Errors and automatically repair them. Your computer should restart several times to repair corrupted bootloader
    data. It should also restart a second time to input new OS files so you can boot into windows again.
    5. You should be able to get into Windows now.

2. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 Opa, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. xer0syk0

xer0syk0 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2009
    #3 xer0syk0, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    (OP)
    Yeah, it is essentially the same thing but with more precision and control; when you view the diagnostic log of the actions the repair process has taken, it will tell you about the steps taken to correct the bootloader data.

I was looking for the bootrec command but wasn't sure if it was located on the disc or not. Using that method, you can handle the reassembling of the boot data yourself in case the error finder fails to realize what's happened to your windows installation.

I wish I had found your post earlier, haha.

4. vicvolta

vicvolta MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2010
    Installed Win7 and Loader on my computer. Now it does'nt work. It doesn't boot into Windows, as described in this thread.

Now. I tried to do what you explained here, but the computer won't boot from the disc either. After "press any key to proceed to boot from disc" nothing happens...

Please help! Im getting frustrated here...!

thnx:biggrin:

5. marcus8795

marcus8795 MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2010
    hi ive downloaded win 7 and put on many computers and never came across this but lastnight i put it on a puter and win was fine untill i put in the loader... and ive tried everything ive seen on this post and i still get the black screen with the _ in the upper left corner.... someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Instructions come with the loader in the "read me" file.

Make sure you're using version 1.9.5 of the loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. XSI777

XSI777 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2011
    thank you very much

yes it helped, and even windows remain activated. thank you for a very usefull information :)
    im reffering to

Opa
    H. Repair startup issues

8. rololo88

rololo88 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, very glad to find it!

I have big problem after using DAZ loader version 2.0.6 on windows 7 x64. As you can guess
    my system is unable to boot. I tried everything posted thru this forum but no chance, nothing work!

I cannot start windows at all, my only way to fix it, it's to use the command line, so i tried the following
    solution which is in the Read me.txt file of the Loader:

Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk
    Select the "Repair your computer" option
    Select "Command Prompt"
    Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes)
    Restart the PC

then i used the command : bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force , but still no luck.

So i tried the following commands:

Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
    Bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force

But windows still not boot.

Please help! Thank you very much.

Ludo.