can't choose which version to install using the untouched iso leaked by zukona

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryan80, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    i just noticed something. when i tried to install the windows 7 untouched iso that was just leaked by zukona.

its does not allow me to choose whichever version to install. it just goes straight to Ultimate version.

why is it like this? how do i make it to be able to choose the version to install?
    because i want to install home premium and not ultimate.

2. xpguru

xpguru Guest

The leaked ISO is ultimate only my friend!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    but why is it that for the touched iso leaked by WZOR. i'm able to choose the version to install? i installed home premium using that version.

4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    delete sources\ei.cfg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    if i install home premium. am i going to have problem with activation later? because i understand that the slic cert and key activation method works for the Ultimate version.

6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    should work for any version as far as i have read otherwise someone correct me.. but same as vista

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    i thought that activated method only works for Ultimate version. as the keys are different for each version. so everybody were somehow forced to install only the Ultimate version.

8. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Majority of Win7 pre-installations on new notebooks and desktops will be versions Home Premium and Professional. Microsoft promised that Ultimate will be a very rare case on OEM machines, much less than Vista Ultimate was... The main market for Win7 Ultimate will be Retail.

9. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    If this is supposed to be "untouched" then why are people only able to install Ultimate?

10. razorex

razorex MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    Because if you buy ultimate you can install only this version. It would be silly if someone who bought Starter could install Ultimate :)

11. Sporkman

Sporkman MDL Member

Jul 13, 2009
    my god bi**h bi**h bi**h seems 98% of the people here are not happy

ITS FREE stop complaining

12. mojavekroc

mojavekroc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    In the past, RTM (or retail) versions of Windows that were available on Technet, allowed any version (normal retail versions) to be installed.

They didn't have version specific downloads other than Enterprise, Euro, or VL versions.

This is a big change...

I guess that I will just have to modify the ISO......

13. salamence502

salamence502 MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Can anyone explain me this one simple thing...

Why do people want to install something lesser than Ultimate? You get Bitlocker and more languages with the retail Ultimate, and you don't need to use BitLocker. I have a netbook I want to install 7 on, and I was eyeing Ultimate, but if there's some performance boosts or somthing when having a few less services running on a different edition please do tell me and I'll reconsider getting Ultimate.

Thanks.

14. 543210

543210 MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    maybe someone pre-ordered home premium and will rearm until his legal key arives after GA?

15. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007

AND ITS STILL the same...

I have both MSDN and Technet subs...

for instance, vista on there, ultimate, premium, basic, all on same dl...

Now win7 wont be on there until Aug 6th..

This release is obviously coming from an OEM partner channel AND NOT TECHNET/MSDN..

16. salamence502

salamence502 MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Hm, good point, didn't think about that one.

But for people like me, who haven't preordered one (well I did preorder a Home Premium upgrade but that's for a different computer), is there any advantages for going < Ultimate?

17. minoverta

minoverta MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Sorry to say but i really don't understand why some people rather want to use another version than Ultimate when it's free :D

18. techtr

techtr MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Free..?
    How?

19. mojavekroc

mojavekroc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    You may think that it is free but it is not.....

20. minoverta

minoverta MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Don't ask the pirates.