Can't Connect To Network

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Shadow21, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Shadow21

Shadow21 MDL Junior Member

May 13, 2010
    I just got a new Acer Netbook and the first thing I did was uninstall Windows 7 Starter and installed Windows 7 Home Premium, Ubuntu, and Backtrack. Ubuntu and Backtrack work perfectly and I'm able to connect to networks and surf the internet but I'm not able to do that in Windows. I went on Acer's website and found the driver for my Wireless card and installed it and the icon in the system tray turned into the bar icon so I'm sure the driver was installed correctly but it can't find any networks to connect to.

Is there anything else that I could try so that I can connect to the internet?

2. xebex

xebex MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    @Shadow21
    Please make sure you downloaded and installed the correct driver for the network chipset you have in your Acer Netbook. Sometimes Acer manufactures their computers with different network chipsets for the same model. This happened to a friend of mine, yesterday. Once we downloaded the correct driver for the chipset in his computer.... the wireless started working.

3. Shadow21

Shadow21 MDL Junior Member

May 13, 2010
    I got the driver from their website and it was the only Atheros driver for the model that I have so I'm sure it's the right one. I am starting to think something might be corrupt though because when I turned on my computer I could actually see a few networks for three or four seconds and then they all disaepeared and I couldn't see any again.