Can't download Xbox Game Pass games

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by agentej, Aug 31, 2019.

1. agentej

agentej MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2011
    I created a Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 image with Optimize-Offline and when I try to download Xbox Game Pass games I get error 0x80080206 and the game does not download. I can download other games from the Windows Store like Minecraft Windows 10 Edition without any problem.

When I created the image I purposefully left installed all the Xbox related packages and left DirectPlay activated.

What could be wrong? Thanks!

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    My best guess xbox indentity provider app can't refer to the identity of your account so it does not see that you have game pass ? other wise it shows in the store and should you look at updating the store itself

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. agentej

agentej MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2011
    Hmm it appears that I'm logged in in the Xbox app, like my profile appears there on the corner and I can edit my data and all of that stuff. Today I had an Store update and I updated it but nothing seems to have changed. Also the games that I try to install from the Xbox app appear there on the Store download queue with the same error code.

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Wich game you are trying to download ?

6. agentej

agentej MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2011
    I tried Wargroove and Age of Empires Definitive Edition

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Oke this is getting hard to understand for me maybe other members can provide you with the solution if something else comes to mind I will share it of course

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Ps you could make a ticket for support from xbox