can't extend windows 7 trial period past 120 days

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gonnadoit, Sep 10, 2010.

1. gonnadoit

gonnadoit MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    I'm reading from a article on this site named "how-to-rearm-and-extend-free-usage-activation-grace-period-of-windows-7-to-120-days" and from one of the comments posted a user says to

"1. Type in the “Search Box” > regedit and then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ SL or instead “SL”, search for “SoftwareProtectionPlatform”;
    2. In the right panel change “SkipRearm” value to “1″;
    3. From now on will be able to use “slmgr -rearm” for another 8(eight) times. So you’ll have a total of 360 days for using Windows 7 without activating it."

I used the slmgr.vbs -rearm command after i edited the registry setting and it asked me to reboot after it finished. windows is still saying i have 2 days left to activate.

i looked in the registry again and the SkipRearm value was back to "0"

how do I get the registry to save the new value I put? I just exited the registry after i clicked modify and changed the value to 1. not sure if there's a specific way of saving the changes.

2. gonnadoit

gonnadoit MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    I used the IR4 tool and it worked, thanks!

I can't use the daz loader, i've tried before but it always crashes my system no matter what mode i try installing it in.

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea I've seen Daz recommend IR4 when his loader didn't work which is rare

IR4 is pretty solid but I'm vigilant as to any ideas of resetting rearms either inside windows (without modification) or just an easy restart with no need to go into RE/PE. Otherwise it's super simple to use even for beginners...lol