Can't find Groove and Movies on Win10 Pro N even with Media Feature Pack installed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ksio89, Jul 22, 2016.

1. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I have Windows 10 Pro N (build 10586.494) x64, and as you might already know, on Windows N & KN editions, you need the Media Feature Pack to have multimedia apps such as Windows Media Player, Groove Music, Movies & TV and some audio/video codecs

The issue is that I've already installed the latest MFC (unfortunately, I can't post any links here), however I still can't see Groove Music or Movies Apps anywhere. The file is named "Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package_x64.msu". I've even attempted to install it again, but it says it's already installed. Neither Groove Music nor Movies apps show up in Start Menu, and I can't find them by searching either. I have Windows Media Player installed, so I can guarantee MFP is indeed installed, but as I said, no sign of Groove Music or Movies.

Any idea on how to find these apps? Is there any other Media Feature Pack that I need to install to have them back? Thanks in advance.

2. Full inu

Full inu MDL Addicted

Jun 9, 2015
    Can you install these apps from the Store?

3. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Lol, it worked! Can't believe the solution was easy as that. I supposed these apps were going to be installed with MFC, but you're right, I had to download them through the Store. Thanks man :thumbsup:

4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    When I first faced Windows 10, one of my first actions was to remove the Store tile, considering it just a MS ad. I would have also uninstalled it, if there was the facility for doing it.

But soon I realized that you can get some free stuff there and restored the tile. And though I don’t intend to buy anything, I understand that if you do buy, they keep a record and allow you to get it again later, e.g. if you reinstall the OS.