cant get past bios

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by lexxluther, Aug 5, 2012.

1. lexxluther

lexxluther MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2012
    I bought a dell latitude e6510 with # 71QB5Q1-2A7B can sombody help me out to get past it?

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #3 LatinMcG, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    sometimes bad dvd drive or ram will do this.

on dell laptops.. hold FN key and press power to turn on.. diagnostics boot.

3. B.blaze

B.blaze MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    A good way to check if its the ram is see how many boards you have and take one out and start up the computer , then swap to the other or see if you can find another board... failing that plug your HDD into another system and see how its health is in the computer.

The last option i can think of is as above see if its the DVD drive by disconnecting it from the system and check if the computer can boot fully.

IMPORTANT

Take caution when working inside a system , you could damage the hardware or get a bad shock... read up on how to work with hardware or get someone who can do it properly.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    12 volts wont shock him.

5. Computers Plus

Computers Plus MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2012
    remove the CMOS battery from under the keyboard on most units make sure to remove the ac adapter and battery and with everything unplugged hold down the power button for 30 seconds reassemble everything and the passwords should be gone

6. ELiTEFX

ELiTEFX MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    Agree 100% This is called POST (power on self test) The bios checks for video, memory, drives etc at boot time.....:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...