Can't get rid of Snap.Do browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Simon Sudbury, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Simon Sudbury

Simon Sudbury MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2012
    Hi

Use XP with SP3 and system hijacked by Snap.Do. I've uninstalled from add/remove and tried the procedure where you stop various processes in task manager prior to deleting various reg keys. Thing is that as soon as you stop the suggested processes you get the PC is shutting down blah blah. In addition I can't find the reg keys in the locations suggested.

Has anyone else been able to get rid of this in XP?

Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. randomone

randomone MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    I've worked out how to do it for XP:
    First go to control panel and then Add/remove programs, find Snap.do in the list and delete it.
    Then open firefox and click on TOOLs in the very top bar, then click Options>Security Tab>Exceptions - and look for the weird words (I forget what it's called) but it does not resemble a browser you have installed, you should only have firefox there if that's what your using, delete this browser and your done! ( I haven't restarted my computer, but I did close firefox and reopen it and it did not bring up snap.do, so I take it it's gone). I did the registry and virus software etc but that did not work, only this has.

4. vicky55

vicky55 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2013
    remove snap.do

more works should be done manually since snap.do can attack your system with protection by your antivirus program
    u can search video and snap.do post on removecomputermalware.blogspot
    wish u luck