Cant get WHS 2011 to be genuine

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by strebor71, Mar 24, 2012.

1. strebor71

strebor71 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2012
    I have installed WHS 2011 gotten from a popular torrent site. I have tried to use both chew7 and its newer version hal9000 but with each attempt (after a complete re-install each time) it would reboot into the black screen leaving me no other recourse but to re-install. I had used chew7 on a previous install about a year ago and it worked fine, but doesn't now. I have also tried to use trilogy 4.2, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I still have the "this copy is not genuine" text above the taskbar as well as "evaluation copy. build 7601" and i still get repeated windows popping up asking me to enter a valid product key. If someone could instruct me on which key (if any) i should use during install to get this WHS working that would be great. I also made an attempt at using the bios re-flash with slic injector technique which also did not have any effect. any help or advice on using that method or if it even works to activate WHS or not. thanks in advance.

2. strebor71

strebor71 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2012

Thanks for the info, and also thanks for the links to WHS download. I have completed a download of server 2008 R2 enterprise, and was planning on creating a pre-activated dvd installer with it. I have previously flashed my bios with a MSI slic 2.1 modded bios image. If i understand correctly, all i need to do is add a MSI cert to the sources subfolder location and rebuild the iso,burn dvd, install server2008, and provide a key to become activated.

first, is that even possible with a enterprise version, and if it is, does it matter what product key I use. I know i read all this last night, but I have read so much stuff on WHS and server 2008 activating, loading, bios modding, SLIC, etc. etc. etc. that it kinda all blends together into a blurry mess in my head. And keeping track of what thread the info came from and for which windows version it was for is next to impossible. It really is quite an awesome resource for those of us who choose to use it, and I am happy to have come across it.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Any NT 6.0 or 6.1 OS + SLIC 2.1 (original or emulated) + corresponding cert + edition specific oem:slp key = Windows is activated.

No oem:slp key for WHS is leaked yet, but there are keys for Server Enterprise 2008 R2 or Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials.

:)

4. strebor71

strebor71 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2012
    Is there any way to turn server 2008 r2 into Home server 2011?? or is there a way to add WHS functionality to server 2008 (ie. the dashboard, connector, other WHS add-ons??

5. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    No, just run Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials then. It's really the same thing as WHS 2011, and can be easily activated with SLIC.

6. Knarfie

Knarfie MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2011
    Do you now where i can download the Dutch version of Windows Store Server 2008 R2 Essentials?