Can't Get Windows 7 to a Genuine

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by c0dy821, Sep 2, 2010.

1. c0dy821

c0dy821 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2010
    My computer was genuine and one day it just stopped being genuine and I cant get it back to a genuine no matter what I do I have tried various programs like RemoveWAT and Windows Loader but nothing is removing the small text in the lower right hand corner.

All help is appreciated.

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Have you checked if KB971003 has been installed - the dreaded WAT update from M$ ? Did you read the "stickies" for how to deal with this ?

When you respond in panic and try RemoveWat and other patches you can royally screw up your system - RemoveWat patches system files making it a sitter for M$ to detect - if you allow KB971003 to be installed it will spot it everytime.

If I did this I'd contemplate a re-install and read how to deal with problems like you describe before blindly tinkering.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. c0dy821

c0dy821 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2010
    Can I please have the link to this Sticky? And thanks for your help I will try what this sticky says and then see if it works.

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. c0dy821

c0dy821 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2010
    Ok ive tried the KB971033 fix with the Daz Loader and that did not fix it. Any other suggestions?

6. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Where did your Windows install DVD come from? How did you initially activate?

Are you now running Daz's loader?

After you finish fixing the problem, you have to validate online, or rearm.

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    He says hes tried various methods so it's possible that hes either got modified files or hes used an old loader (not one of mine) which has modified his tokens. Systems such as this one that have tried 1 solution after another I'd always recommend a format because theres no telling what mess the systems in.

1) Format & install Windows 7
    2) Install the loader and you will be genuine

It's that simple.

8. c0dy821

c0dy821 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2010
    Ok I got it working for some reason the online validate didnt work then I retried it and it removed the text in the lower right hand corner. Thanks everyone who helped!