Cant Instal O.S to HD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HelpMe, Dec 4, 2009.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi does anyone know how to solve this error.

windows/system32/winload.exe
    status 0x00000e9
    unexpected I/O error

I tried to install windows 7 on a older Asrock 775Dual-VSTA Board, however it keeps failing to instal. After i get past the part on which version i want to install it brings me to the section where i can choose to go to advance and create a new partion/delete/format etc. However when i try to create a new partition or click next to resume the installation i get this message.

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to the disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the Bios Menu"

I have looked through the bios settings and couldn't find anythign wrong with it. I even removed the cmos and retried installign with the same errors. I tried this with two different IDE drives and i know they both work because i am able to use these drives on my other system fine. One is 80GB other is 40GB.

In the bios setting, i have the ide settings all to auto

I also cannot go into the recovery option cause i don't have any o.s installed onto the drive.

I also tried two different windows 7 disk with no luck.

Any ideas on how to solve this? TIA.

2. domatlapuk

domatlapuk MDL Expert

Sep 12, 2009
    Try clean install and reformat your HD where Windows 7 OS to be install, you can try reformat during installation process, maybe it will work..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Did you try not creating a partition at all and let windows do it? That is just highlight the disk space and click "Next".

What you describe sounds like a driver issue but that doesn't make sense. Try deleting all partitions on the drive - sounds like you have already - and highlight the free space and let windows do it. It might work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. buzz123

buzz123 MDL Junior Member

May 9, 2009
    Did you check to see if your BIOS has some "virus" protection on the boot sector... If so, it would prevent the install from writing the boot sector as it wants to! You must turn this feature OFF to install!

5. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009

Yes, i just tried clicking the "Next" button, but i stil get that message saying i can't install it. Thats the first thing i did and when it fails i try to use delete/format/new and it does nothing and i still have to deal with that message.

6. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009

I checked in the bios and it did not mention anything with virus protection.