Can't install Photoshop CS4 via DVD

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by foxhunter, Feb 9, 2009.

1. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Hi all,

i've downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS4 Trial directly via Adobe, unpacked the files and burnt it to a DVD

I can start the setup, but during the installation process i am asked to insert the Photoshop-DVD into the drive (where it already is). If i confirm this, the question comes again.

The only way to install is to copy all the files to a folder on the harddrive and start the installation out of this folder.

Any ideas, why i'm not able to install directly via DVD?

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Iso

Create/burn ISO to DVD.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    CS3 was the same way for me, and quite a bit of other people. If you do not have the DVD from Adobe (retail), it does not install from the disk. Kind of a weak anti-piracy(portable) thing. This is the best I can see, as it is not a new phenomenon (problem):D

Regardless of software or burning mode, you still have to install from the hard drive with the download format. If you want to install from DVD, order from Adobe. This from technical assistance...:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Where is the difference between burning the files directly to DVD or to create an ISO and burn this ISO?

The result will be the same.

Thats what i think about..

Maybe the installation checks the header and/or the title of the DVD.

OK, than i will put the install files to my external hard drive ;)