Can't install sp1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by StarFall, Feb 25, 2011.

1. StarFall

StarFall MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2011
    #1 StarFall, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    hi :)

I've downloaded the brand new sp1 from the M$ download center, and I can't fully install it.:mat: All goes well, until the progress bar is almost full, the installation suddenly stops :tv_horror::mat: ! and an error, that pleads(sort of): " a system error has occurred, and installation wasn't completed succesfully download 'windows update system readyness app' yadada:rolleyes:"

I have got the ultimate version of win 7 x64, unmodded, free of viruses and what not, no tweaking or overclocking crap... am I doing something wrong? Could it be because of the presence of removewat? Do i need that readyness app?:confused: (it's a 300 mb download) *puzzled*

thanks

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Um yeah more then likely you need to get rid of removewat it's outdated and unsupported and go with a BIOS mod or Daz's loader. Check in the Daz loader thread for the WatFix and run that FIRST then if your still having issues then run that KB readiness App.

3. StarFall

StarFall MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2011
    #3 StarFall, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    (OP)
    ok got it. I'll try what you suggested thank you:)

btw. I have one more question: do I need to download and install 'ir5 rearm' too? daz loader is enough to keep win7 activated right?:confused:

EDIT:I've read the "Not-genuine-after-KB971033-update-Read-this!" thread. hope is ok

EDIT2: sorry for the too many questions, i just want to make sure that I do things as expected and not do something stupid and end ruining my system lol:)

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Use what you want, but i would stay away from anything like removewat. Also don't use more then one method ...

5. StarFall

StarFall MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2011
    ok thanks for the responses.

6. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    +1 for what has been said. Daz is all that you will need. I ran win7 SP1 without a hitch, and all has been good. Yes remove the WAT isht, install win7 sp1 update, and hit it all with Dezzzzz da dada Daz stuff.nomsayin in my case , my system was already Dazzed u.:D