Can't install USB Webcam Microphone

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by favorito, May 7, 2008.

1. favorito

favorito MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    Hi. I am trying to install a Webcam on my Dell PC. The camera installs and works fine but the microphone will not install - keep getting error message something like not configured correctly, will not work. There is an exclamation in Device Manager. The microphone does not work when I test it. When I go into Webcam Tools Settings Microphone - the only thing I can select is Creative Soundblaster Live (my sound card). I know its not the webcam because I've tried 2 others and they don't work either! Folr the moment I am having to use the webcam camera with a separate microphone plugged into the mic jack.

I guess it must be a configuration problem with my PC. Does anyone know how I can fix this?? It's driving me nuts!!
    Thanks

2. favorito

favorito MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    Sorry meant to say I am using Windows XP. Webcams tried - Logitech, Labtec and Hercules. Thanks

3. favorito

favorito MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    Problem Solved !

I found the answer on another website - its working now! For anyone else who has the same problem, you need to check if you have the following file in the Windows\Inf directory:

wdma_usb.inf

The file is on the Windows installation CD. I copied mine from my laptop.

Hope this helps someone else. It drove me mad!!: