Can't install W7 from USB on Eeebox

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by uragano47812, Nov 2, 2009.

1. uragano47812

uragano47812 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2007
    #1 uragano47812, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    Can't install W7 from USB on Eeebox [SOLVED]

Hello i want to try W7 Pro on my eeebox. I have already done the bios update with slic.

The problem is that even if i setup the first boot on USB, at startup i can see only the white cursor on a black screen.
    I have tried also using a SD with the same result.

I have used to create the USB boot those items:
    1-Official MS tool starting from iso file.
    2-HP usb tool and after i copy the entire installation CD
    3-Using ultraiso.

I have used the italian x86 iso from the direct links provided in this forum.

What can i do? There are other ways to install W7?

Can i do something like a preinstallation from another PC directly to the HD of the EEEbox?
    Or with LAN?

Let me know thanks

2. domatlapuk

domatlapuk MDL Expert

Sep 12, 2009
    You can also install Win7 directly in window environment. Exract ISO windows on your USB or HDD then Run the windows7 installer and let installer load set up then follow step by step.. Though the downside is you can't do clean install just upgrade with this method but it works..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. uragano47812

uragano47812 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2007
    Is there a way to put the installation files directly into the hard drive (from another pc) and then put back the HD so that at first boot it will complete the installation?

Like a preinstallation on newproducts.

Let me know because i want to do a fresh install.

Thanks

4. uragano47812

uragano47812 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2007
    I have done a new ISO with pre-activation tool and after i have done again my USB bootable and now the installation starts!

So problem SOLVED :)

thanks