Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fibola, May 31, 2016.

1. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    hello,

for couple of days, breaking my head tring to figure out what im doing wrong, or what else i can do .

i used to have as my C:\ drive a kingstone 120gb SSD drive . due to lack of space, i bought 250GB SSD samsung evo-850 drive.
    i execute fresh new windows 10 pro X64 installation on the Samsung but after installation finished with no error, and setup is rebooting the pc, the screen is stuck on the "loading operation system" and nothing is happening.

i thought that the cause for that is because i still have the kingstone drive plugged in, and there is conflict between those, but even when i unplugged the kingstone drive and execute windows installation, same thing is happen.

i tried to change order of booting from the pc setup and again nothing is chagne (samsung drive is shown in the pc setup and also when i load windows from the kingstone drive)
    i also tried to version of windows setup iso which are used from Disk on Key "burned" with rufus latest version.

what else can i do ?

thanx.

2. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Junior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    You could have used the cloning software provided by Samsung SSD drive.

3. Riicckk

Riicckk MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2009
    When fresh installing Windows 10, at the screen where you select the drive, select 'Install Driver' and load the correct Intel sata driver for you motherboard. This can be stored on a USB stick or whatever, and you then have to navigate to the actual driver. Let the install pick it up and load, then progress with the install. It should then continue to load. This is a common problem. Hope this helps.

4. master44tr

master44tr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2013
  5. glennsamuel32

glennsamuel32 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2012
    A more permanent solution is adding the Samsung drivers to the boot.wim and install.wim of the iso...
    And it is always a good practise to disconnect other hard drives before installing to a different hard drive...

This time, make sure to delete all existing partitions on the ssd before installing...
    You can click on --options--then click on partition---then delete...

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    reset bios defaults and readjust to ahci or raid

7. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    Fresh install with drivers like they say here have one and it works, load intel ahci drivers during setup and always install the chipset drivers, if it's amd the same

8. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    two thing i dont understand .
    i my current hard drive (c:\) is kingstone SSD Drive which working fine - isnt it true to say that if this ssd drive work perfectly , the samsung ssd drive should work also ?
    also, when current windows is working , i see samsung ssd drive in the disk managment and also in the bios setup , so all this drivers ahci installation are relevant ?

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    fibola youre right.. its not ahci driver if it shows up on win 10 setup screen the hdd.

likely hdd firmware issue or bios issue.. update both
    samsung magician does the firmware.
    the bios is the manufacturers site of whatever model. (raid/ahci op rom likely)

10. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Is the SSD partitioned as a "GUID Partition Table (GPT)" ?

I was unable to install Windows 7 on to my Plextor 512GB SSD unless it was partitioned as GPT.

- Just something to check.

11. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
  12. rpo

rpo MDL Addicted

Jan 3, 2010
    On one laptop (w10 pro Intel 32 bits) i replaced the hdd with a 250GB SSD samsung evo-850 drive and on an other laptop (w10 pro AMD 64 bits) i replaced the hdd with a 500GB SSD samsung evo-850 drive using the samsung data migration software without any issue.