Can't rearm my Win

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AndreT, Oct 9, 2014.

1. AndreT

AndreT MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    #1 AndreT, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Hey everyone,

so i tried to rearm my Windows 7 Prof 32bit for the very first time with the "slmgr -rearm" command.
    When i run the "slmgr -dlv" command it now shows me a remaining time of 29 days. That's ok.
    But when i go to control panel/system it still shows me "2 days left".

Anybody experienced the same? Did the rearm work or should i worry about what happens in 2 days?

For reference here's what i did (including reboot after that):
    howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/extend-the-windows-7-trial-from-30-to-120-days/?PageSpeed=noscript

2. AndreT

AndreT MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    #3 AndreT, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    (OP)
    Thanks for the answer Mr. Magic.

I eventually will activate it.
    I'm a valid member of the Dreamspark-Licence program, but we currently have a problem with the Webstore of our faculty our Admin is trying to sort out.

Unfortunately i'm in the need of the webstore right now (see above) so i decided to just rearm my windows for another 30 days until all problems are sorted.

EDIT: Ah ok now i see. Maybe i'll try that as a last resort. Thanks

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    #4 Carlos Detweiller, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    There's nothing wrong. The slmgr -dlv value is the number of days until the grace expires (Notification mode). The number of days reported in the Control Panel - System is the one until Windows attempts automatic activation. No matter if that succeeds or not you will get the full 30 days. There's a tool called Rearm Wizard in the MDL projects section that allows to extend the grace forever.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation]
    "Manual"=dword:00000001
    The above registry file switches automatic activation attempts off.

4. AndreT

AndreT MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    Many many thanks Carlos, that was it!

What a great forum!