Can't rearm my Win

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AndreT, Oct 9, 2014.

1. AndreT

AndreT MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    #1 AndreT, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Hey everyone,

so i tried to rearm my Windows 7 Prof 32bit for the very first time with the "slmgr -rearm" command.
    When i run the "slmgr -dlv" command it now shows me a remaining time of 29 days. That's ok.
    But when i go to control panel/system it still shows me "2 days left".

Anybody experienced the same? Did the rearm work or should i worry about what happens in 2 days?

For reference here's what i did (including reboot after that):
    howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/extend-the-windows-7-trial-from-30-to-120-days/?PageSpeed=noscript

2. AndreT

AndreT MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    #3 AndreT, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    (OP)
    Thanks for the answer Mr. Magic.

I eventually will activate it.
    I'm a valid member of the Dreamspark-Licence program, but we currently have a problem with the Webstore of our faculty our Admin is trying to sort out.

Unfortunately i'm in the need of the webstore right now (see above) so i decided to just rearm my windows for another 30 days until all problems are sorted.

EDIT: Ah ok now i see. Maybe i'll try that as a last resort. Thanks

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller MDL Spinning Tortoise

Dec 21, 2012
    #4 Carlos Detweiller, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    There's nothing wrong. The slmgr -dlv value is the number of days until the grace expires (Notification mode). The number of days reported in the Control Panel - System is the one until Windows attempts automatic activation. No matter if that succeeds or not you will get the full 30 days. There's a tool called Rearm Wizard in the MDL projects section that allows to extend the grace forever.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation]
    "Manual"=dword:00000001
    The above registry file switches automatic activation attempts off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AndreT

AndreT MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2014
    Many many thanks Carlos, that was it!

What a great forum!