Can't rename Tokens.dat and other problems...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mn3mic, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Mn3mic

Mn3mic MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    Hey!

I tried a few things you suggested on the forum and non of them worked...
    Let me explain what the problem is...

I installed 2 months ago the Win7 Ult RTM 7600 x86 (I check the hash size).
    After the 30 day trial period I activated it using Win7Vista Toolkit 1.8.

It worked like a charm, but then one day MS got me, and now I have the stupid activation and validation messages everywhere.

I first tried to remove the cr**k via the ToolKit I used to activate it, it worked, but I couldn't activate it again.
    I tried different loaders they all said the same thing, tokens.dat is modified, please repair the file...

I found this forum and I then tried all of the things mentioned in the Win7 Repository, but non of them worked.

The first thing is, when I try to rename the tokens.dat via CMD I get the following message: "The process cannot access the file because it is used by another process."

So then I tried to put back the 30 day trial period as described on the forum and used the key provided on the link, but that didn't work either...

Then a buddy gave me his Win7 ultimate genuine key (He installed the same version as I did and bought a key) and tried to enter it to register my Win7 but it gives me the following error: "0xc004F014" and says that it is not a valid Win7 key which is impossible....

So is there any way that I can enter the genuine key and get it to work or activate it or something besides reinstalling it all over again, cause atm I am very short on time and nerves...

Any help is appreciated and if you need more info I will gladly provide it.

Also, sry if there is an answer to this, I just couldn't find it on the forum :(

2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    #2 SCBrigth, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mn3mic

Mn3mic MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2009
    Yeah, I tried Hazars loader and I ran the commands as admin and I did restart the PC 2 times, but as I said there was no use in restarting it anyway, since it gave me the error that I can't rename the tokens.dat as I mentioned earlier.

The key given to me was used to activate his windows, he said that his version was allowed to activate win7 10 times and that I should only use it once and then make a image file so when something goes bad I can restore it back...

But as I said, I'm kinda stuck at where I am now...

The MAK key thing I don't fully understand, I read that article before I cam to this forum...

So if you could explain it a bit I would be very grateful...

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Not entirely sure, but wasnt Toolkit 1.8 one the early tools that 'activated' the RTM by using pkey and tokens from the beta?

If so then this is probably why it doesnt accept any other keys now.

Restoring the RTM files via a sfc /scannow ought to do the trick then...

6. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #6 Brainsuck, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. steinom

steinom MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    In stead of troubling with this problem I wold have formated C: and make a fresh install to solve the problem ):
    Good luck

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    He's right

This used the old and discredited Frankenbuild type patch that M$ disabled way back when Vista was a baby.

Never use this crap.

I'd reinstall myself.

I wouldn't try to activate the system as it is without restoring the original files that this so-called activator patches - even then you don't know what M$ has done to your system when it discovered you were a pirate.