Car parts from Ebay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pasta88, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Has anyone bought already painted car body parts such as: doors, trunk, front hood, bumper covers...etc from Ebay? If yes, how did the color match and did the piece fit correctly?

Thx

2. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    I've bought bumper covers twice from sellers on eBay. Both times the color matched perfectly. They ask for the paint code from your car and paint them before shipping.

It's large package but relatively lightweight when shipped. I had no problems either time. Bumper covers are also sold on Amazon so check there too.

I've never ordered the other body parts you listed but would imagine it would be a similar experience.

3. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    #3 Pasta88, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    (OP)
    I need a bumper cover as well. If my car is a 2014, do u think it will match? My car still has a great shine. Also, who did you buy it from on Ebay plz? Also, how long did it take to get the bumper cover after you paid for it? Also, how old was ur car when u ordered it?

thx

4. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #4 PointZero, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Your paint should be in good condition if it's a 2014 (shouldn't be faded or oxidized) so there's a much greater chance that the freshly painted bumper cover will match very nicely.

It took the seller a day or so to paint the bumper cover and then they let it sit for a couple days so the paint can cure. I think it took a little over a week or so to get it. You could send a message to the seller below and get specific info from them.

After the paint cures, it's covered with a powder to prevent the plastic wrap from sticking, then wrapped in protective plastic, then covered in cardboard. I checked it over closely when I got it and there was no damage from shipping (and the seller shipped it nearly 2,000 miles to me). I was impressed with their packaging.

Be aware that they paint the parts quickly and there might be a small run here or there. There were some paint runs on the cover I got but they were on the bottom side and not noticable when installed.

This is the seller I purchased from the last time I bought one: http://stores.ebay.com/MBi-Auto

I realized afterwards that several of the eBay sellers also sell on Amazon. I saw I could've got the bumper for about $30 less from a seller on Amazon and Amazon has great customer service that I could've used if I had a problem with the seller.

But luckily, I didn't have problems going through eBay and that seller I used has a really high rating in feedback. I'd recommend them.

edit: missed your last question. The car was a family member's (not mine) and was a 2005 Toyota, so about 13 years old.

5. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Yes, that is the one i was thinking on using already. thx

Anyone else have any experience getting parts like these or any others mentioned from Ebay?