Catalyst for HD 3200 (Notebook) W7 x64 wont install

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Velamox, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Velamox

Velamox MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    #1 Velamox, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Hello and congratulations for the great forum.

I rarely post anything about my problems since I can always find an answer on google. But this one particular problem is kicking my ass. I even saw a few scattered threads about problems that resemble mine but none were solved.

I installed yesterday w7 x64 and the first thing i tried to do was to install catalyst since I play a lot of games. To my surprise the automatic driver installation of win7 cant be disabled and it keeps installing the old drivers before the new ones have a chance to install themselves.

But I am guessing that´s not the main problem since I tried a manual installation and ran into an even more disturbing problem. Once I select my video card from the INF file downloaded from AMD site and try to install, a window pops up telling me that this driver is not compatible with win7... ANd it should be since I downloaded it specifically for win7 x64.

I tried to sweep old drivers, manual installation, different versions of the catalyst. None will install correctly. Even the CCC won´t install.. All I have to uninstall when the process is done is ATI install program or something close to that on the "Uninstall programs" section on Control panel. Before anyone asks, yes I rebooted!

Well.. If you guys can help me i´d owe you all a big one!

Sorry for the bad english.

Cheers!

2. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Disable UAC (user account control) and then instal your drivers again.

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  4. Velamox

Velamox MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    I will ask there, but I was impressed with the knowledge people had here, thought it would be easy for them to help me.

I tried to disable the UAC and install... same deal! Didnt work.

THanks to both of you, but nothing yet.

5. Velamox

Velamox MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    I gave up.