Ceating W7 AIO issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by theredguy, Jun 21, 2015.

1. theredguy

theredguy MDL Novice

May 24, 2011
    Hi

I created a W7 AIO almost two years ago including the OEM project files from this site. Time has moved on so I started again yesterday and have integrated lots of updates/hotfixes and drivers to make everything less time consuming.

My problem arises when I use WinAIO Maker Pro 1.3 as I did before it seems to go through the motions ending with a successful message but the resulting ISO is 0 bytes in size.

As far as I can tell I'm doing everything correctly so does anyone know if the program has a file size limit as the ISO's to combine are just over 5gb and 6gb respectively or is there another method recommended for making the AIO ISO.

Many thanks

:)

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Making an AIO ISO is easy for Windows 7; integrating all the updates for it is somewhat time consuming however it can be done with a bit of scripting and using DISM. Once all the updates have been applied to the wim file, just use any ISO tool, and delete the old install.wim and replace it with the new one you made.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Or you can just use Simplix pack to integrate the updates into wim.

4. theredguy

theredguy MDL Novice

May 24, 2011
    Thanks for the replies guy's.

As I've already done the long boring bit of integrating everything I found a guide online (not sure if I can link to it) using the Windows 7 AIK so I've now got my ISO built (7.54gb) and am just about to test it out.

Fingers crossed and all that.

:)

Leebo used that exact page :)

5. theredguy

theredguy MDL Novice

May 24, 2011
    Damn....won't boot more digging needed.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    To be honest why AIO to dvd it won't fit with all updates never mind driver packs so you are better of using USB thumb drive. Personally to fit all up to date hot fixes e.c.t. just using Simplix pack with only one wim indext file you can just fit it on to dvd. never mind drivers :confused:

7. theredguy

theredguy MDL Novice

May 24, 2011
    I am making the ISO to go on a USB stick so room isn't the issue at the moment just that it works :)