Certificate Installation - What is done?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xaver, Jun 2, 2010.

1. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    I would like to install a certificate on my computer for Win7. But what exactly will happen if I do this? What is written and where? Can I undo it and how?

Please help. I could not find any answer to those questions.

2. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    OF COURSE I READ THE STICKIES! Otherwise I would not have these questions. The stickies do not mention what is exactly altered on the system if you install a certificate. Could not find an answer to my other questions too. If I am wrong please correct me. I have not so much experience with those things.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I may be mistaken but I think it writes it to tokens.dat dude. At least that is how Slic Toolkit makes it look lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    Thank you for the info token.dat. I see now if I play around with it a partition restore will repair any damage since this is in the Windows folder. Was worried there is something written outside the partition that I cannot clean up with a partition restore.

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Ahh, nope, they are all within windows dude. You should have no issues at all the partition restore

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...