.cfg files from windows 7N 64bit first biuld

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jabberwocky, Jan 15, 2010.

1. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I am looking for some very nice person to upload the four main .cfg files for the 64bit first biuld of windows 7N .
    Ultimate, Proffessional, HomePremium ,and Home Basic(or Starter)
    I dont want the later (N1) biuld ,I want the first biuld ,the one that has no IE8 or WMP etc. and must be 64bit.
    they are not very big (couple of mb altogether)

Please can someone help me find these.

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    N never has wmp, that's why it's N, but you can't change from normal to N or whatever by just changing the cfg files. The whole install is in the install.wim, wich is a hdd image, if the wim contains wmp the you install will always have wmp, whatever cfg files you used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    back to the drawing board then ,how do I get my hands on a (n) 64bit .iso.
    I already have the later version (n1) with no wmp .
    I want the original biuld ,surely someone must have one .

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    But there's no early or late build of win7 n. The only build that I'm aware of is 7600 (RTM), unless you want 7100 (RC) or 7000(beta).
    N never has WMP but does always have IE8. Win7 E also doesn't have IE8, but I think E has never been released cause the "no IE8" is replaced by the browser choice update (wich hasn't been released yet but should come someday).

But with the N edition you're fine cause you can disable IE8: go to control panel, open programs and software, than enable/disable windows components, uncheck the IE8 checkbox. (should be something like that, I'm on dutch windows so the names could be a little different).
    That's just what the E editions are, just N but with IE8 disabled by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    #5 jabberwocky, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    (OP)
    there are 3 biulds to be precise , the first 7600-16385-090713.1255, then the first (n1) 7600 16385-090831-1936 (I have this one in 64bit) and a third one I have only heard of compiled in late october ,that apparently has a browser choice screen .
    the early one has definately not got IE8 OR WMP , i have it in 32bit but was a bit slow downloading it in 64bit and the torrent failed ,then the newer (N1) version came out about 6week later this has got IE 8 back in ,just wmp missing . but no browser options screen ,and I have heard about another biuld late october that has an option screen included.
    the early version was redily available for a few weeks via torrent and filesharing sites .I was just hoping somebody still had one .

6. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Hm, I googled a bit and there's indeed a N1 build, but when you disable IE8 in the N1 than it would be the same as the first N. It does only delete shortcuts and maybe a couple of other files, but in the first that's also the only thing that's different. So you can still activate IE8 in a build without IE8 by just enabling IE8, cause all the files are still there. So you should be fine with N1.

And I doubt there ever was a build with browser chioce, cause the browser chioce has changed after october (now the browsers are shown in random order, rather than alfabetical). Bowser chioce will be distributed via Winupdate to all versions of windows (except for the first n maybe).