chaintech 9vjl5 bios problems

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by muntzy27, Dec 15, 2008.

1. muntzy27

muntzy27 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
  2. muntzy27

muntzy27 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    damnit

i hope that everyone that reads this post will post somewhere where google will find the link that chaintech is almost impossible to get tech support for, unless you call taiwan..and i have tried and they are always closed. the most important thing, they do not give you the flash program when you download the bios. they give you just the bin file. the phoenix award bios makes it easy to screw up which flash to use, phoenix or award. im so poed!!! i can't wait to get one of them on the phone because they don't answer emails either.. they are so secretive that if you call california branch that deals with their ram chips, they pretend like there is no way to contact chaintech for motherboards.. I GOT THE NUMBER!! TO CALL CHAINTECH FROM USA 011-886-2-295998889.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. muntzy27

muntzy27 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    will continue when get back from germany

one question.i have a program that i need to run on a floppy but it is too big, how can i have the remaining info continue to a second floppy?

5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #5 HMonk, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    Floppy

Not sure what you are asking when you say run a program from a floppy. You can split large files and put them on multiple floppies for "reassembly" later; you can load a prog contained on multiple floppies into the RAM. You can also load generic CD/DVD ROM drivers with a floppy and then run your "big" prog from a CD/DVD (using another machine to make all of the necessary floppies/CDs that you need if your machine is not up to the job).

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To store the file use winrar, choose 1.44 MB archive, not sure if it's right for your needs.