Challenge for the boffins - Foobar 2000 using Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lostpassword, Feb 2, 2016.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I use Foobar as my audio player. It works very well, but I have one query. The screen is showing tracks being played, which are usually the contents of one CD. I want to create a playlist (fpl file), and always save the fpl file for selected tracks in the folder where the tracks are located. I have hundreds of folders organized by composer or artist. I never have tracks playing from more than one folder.

The Foobar save command always displays a screen asking for name, which is fair enough, but does not save the fpl file in the folder where the chosen files actually are stored. It will default to blank location, or previous fpl file location if one has previously been created.

Hope this is clear, but what I am saying is always default save where related files are stored. Cannot find a Windows shortcut for this, and as I have hundreds of folders it takes time to find the right one. I do NOT want all fpls in the default windows music folder, as the fpl name I use is just a short piece of text, and does not identify the CD tracks being played.

I like Foobar and do not want to change. I use Potplayer for everything else, but I want to stick with Foobar for audio.

2. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    trying creating a conversion preset or change library location might work

3. khagaroth

khagaroth MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Care to explain what your goal is with those playlists? If the explanation in the first post does have any relevance, then you should rather learn to properly use the library in foobar and look at the few library extensions if the builtin library front-end is insufficient.

4. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I have never used the library, and did not realise that the folder for the fpl could be specified in conversion preset. Will have a further look. I did find Foobar a bit tricky to start with, and is still not the easiest program to use.