change a Software Licensing Description Table for HP

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kelvren16, Jun 20, 2010.

1. kelvren16

kelvren16 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    Hi everyone. First off, thank you everyone for all the great work you do here. So I have a strange problem bios modding my computer. somehow I have dell information in the Software Licensing Description Table. I don't know how it got there, but I must have done it somehow a while back when I first modded my bios. the problem I have now is that my win7 was deactivated because of some windows update that, i'm assuming check for inconsistencies like a difference in the SLDT and SLIC. I tried to re-flash with the pre-modded bios in the forums, but when I rerun rw everything, it still shows the dell information. I even tried flashing with the non-modded bios, but same thing. any ideas out there on how to fix this? would it be possible to have a bios made with a dell SLIC done to match the dell info in the SLDT?

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    You probably have some Loader adding that DELL SLIC info at boot up.
    Like from a Pre-Activated copy of Win 7.
    Uninstall ANY Loader and see if the SLIC info shows up properly then.

3. kelvren16

kelvren16 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    if that turns out not to be the case, what then?

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  5. kelvren16

kelvren16 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    not sure what I did using Vista7 Slic Loader 2.4.7, but the SLDT looks ok now, i think. However, windows still doesn't want to activate again. I flashed with the modded bios, and slic toolkit v3.2 states that the slic is 2.1, the cert is ok and the key is also a win 7 ultimate key. any thoughts?

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's definitively a W7 issue. Are you sure it was an untouched W7 you have installed?

You said: ..not sure what I did......
    In that case I recommend to remove any loader and a clean install of an untouched ISO.
    You can try to mess further, but you'll never be sure you have a proper system.
    I guess you don't use dual boot, right?
    Remove any loader (write with easybcd a new MBR and bootloader) or type at cmd (admin)

c: (enter)
    bootsect /nt60 c:

Reboot and check activation. If is still isn't try this:

A quote of M$ Forums:
    1) Click the Start button
    2) Type: CMD.exe in the start search field
    3) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator
    4) Type: net stop sppsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    5) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
    6) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    7) Type: slui
    8) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You likely be asked to re-enter your product key and/or re-activate.(applying cert again)

Btw: SLIC = SoftwareLicensingInternalCode, SLDT =Store Local Descriptor Table Register ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. kelvren16

kelvren16 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    actually, yes I do dual boot with PClinuxOS 2010, but redoing grub will not be a problem. I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall, bus now that classes are over for a few weeks, reinstalling won't be getting in the way of school; it will just be annoying.

8. kelvren16

kelvren16 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    well i reinstalled windows and fixed my grub menu, and everything seems ok now. windows is activated and i've done all the updates. I think we can mark this as solved :)