Change Advanced Query Syntax (AQS) Language

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by katil, Apr 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. katil

katil MDL Novice

May 17, 2011
    Hi all,

I'm using Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 TR.

When i changed my OS language as Turkish, AQS terms are changed as Turkish too.

For example;
    Old search term (file:lexmark)
    New search term: (dosya:lexmark)

Is there any way to change AQS language whitout changing OS language?

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Most likely no

sebus

3. katil

katil MDL Novice

May 17, 2011
    I found the answer in the following link:
    h**p://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb266512(v=vs.85).aspx#_keyword_use_in_local_languages

we can use "System.FileName" instead of "file" or "dosya"...

Keyword Use in Local Languages
    In Windows 7 and later, mnemonic keywords work in the system language only, such as German keywords only on a German operating system, and English keywords only on an English operating system. System.Author is a canonical keyword, and the mnemonic value for the System.Author property is Author, for example. The introduction of canonical keywords compensates for the fact that English mnemonic keywords are no longer universally recognized on all operating systems regardless of language, as was the case in Windows Vista and earlier.
    Note In Windows 7 and later, Windows Search recognizes keywords in the current default language only, and not in English unless English is the current default. We recommend that developers always use canonical syntax so that their application won't have language problems with keywords.