Change DMI Data

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Ev1lM0nk3y, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2007
  2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    As you wish . . .

Google: - edit bios dmi data - and you will get many viable options depending on just what it is you seek to edit within the DMI.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phoenixlipo

phoenixlipo MDL Novice

May 27, 2009
    Hi,

I'd like to chnage the DMI Information in my System.
    It is annoying to see "To be filled by OEM" in system analysis tools like AIDA or Everest. Thus I want to customize it with my own information, but I couldn't find no info about how to do it. I suppose it can be done in the file "MSSMBIOS" but I cannot edit that file. Neither with Editor or Notepad nor with an HexEditor!

thanks,

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Depends on the bios. Award or AMI..dmicfg.exe is a nice tool

Which type of bios, and the bios version. You should absolutely be able to change with hex editor. Thats how we do all of them at the moment. The only exception is Intel ITK bios and the Insyde ones. UEFI is another animal, I think it will be a while...Most are hybrids now, if they say EFI.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2007
    Ok I figured it out. Since I was using dmicfg.exe within WinXP it wasn't allowing me to change the info. I found a copy of Hiren's Boot CD 8.9, loaded it up, loaded Hwinfo to take a look at things, and then exited hwinfo. I then went into the menu (pressing m to get there) and went into BIOS/CMOS tools. Fired up DMICFG.exe and changed the chassis, board, and manufacturer info wherever possible....

It stuck, and now works perfectly. I was getting the freedos error because apparently freedos has some problem with older K6-2 processors, and bios routines. (It was unable to read the hard-disk)

6. vehf917

vehf917 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2011
    Would you please tell which hex editor you use for this and how to do this?