Change Loader key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ykam29, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ykam29

ykam29 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    I installed Win 7 Ultimate sometime back in August (RTM build) and use the Hazar loader 1.2 for a software activation. This WAT stuff is a little worrying since

1. I believe I'm using the Lenovo key (since it was the only one out at the time). How can I tell.
    2. If WAT comes to my pc, it will probably kill my Win 7

I see that people have switched to keys that match the manufacturer. Is doing this simple as getting the Hazar loader 1.6 and reactivating it? Again, how can I tell that it's using the new key?

I have 7 running on one Dell Dimension 4600 and one Latitude e6400.

Thanks in advance.

2. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #2 WinFLP, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. ykam29

ykam29 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    2. If WAT comes to my pc, it will probably kill my Win 7 ?
    Fixed that! lol

Seriously, thanks for your help. I'm going to try and stay far away from downloading WAT if I can help it (as in MS doesn't sneak it on me) and will deal with any updates @ SP1.

4. ykam29

ykam29 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    So I was using the Lenovo key cited in that article and I changed it with slmgr /ipk to a Dell 7 Ultimate key.

Is WAT going to never be able to flag me now since this is a Dell machine using a Dell OEM key or is there still some risk in the future?

5. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    There is always *some* risk. I believe older loader are detected in newer versions of MRT,

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #6 Rosco, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    To my knowledge even the first loader that came out when Vista was first released still works - after 3 years M$ have not stopped it - AND as far as I know they only stopped the Timerstop, FrankenBuild, Year 2099 and Paradox patches for Vista AND it appears that a new Driver type solution similar toParadox's Vista patch works on 7.

So stop worrying and get on with it - of course next week may present new challenges but you don't even have to download the update.

I have doubts it will be a compulsory part of SP1 - the last thing M$ want is to give businesses a graet excuse not to move on from XP and believe me - this continual phoning home and the risks it will mistakenly invalidate legitimate systems as XP's WGA has will be the excuse they need to avoid 7.

So, bring it on I say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Indeed WGA was not included into Service Pack 3 for XP, so no reason to think it would be here.

With the Vista history, that means they will probably focus on RemoteWAT, ChewWGA approaches as they modify Windows System files. They will also flag keys like the Lenovo keys.

My plan is to not install the update (same as I do for WGA in XP), keep using what I have, and if I run into a problem, look into it then. As it is, if the machine becomes non-genuine or de-activated, the thing will still log in and work.

8. ykam29

ykam29 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010