change power setting in RT7 Lite

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by paul3200, Apr 2, 2012.

1. paul3200

paul3200 Guest

is it possible to change the power settings in RT7 Lite so they are changed when W7 is installed

i want a autoinstall DVD without having to make any changes when i have finished the install.

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    You can have RT7 Lite make changes to the registry, that's one of the standard features. I've never done what you ask, but I know the registry has multiple entries related to power plan. I'd think one could be edited to be what plan you want. There may be a specific option to do that. Have you asked Rockers Team the question?

But why? If you had it permanently set for power saving for a laptop and install 7 on a high end game-playing box you won't like it and if you have max performance installed on a marginal laptop, you'll kill your battery quicker than normal. I guess it'd be a good thing if you always installed your power plan adjusted version on the appropriate machine, but that just seems like a very restrictive way to do it.

I much prefer to tweak the power plan to what the individual machine likes best and not try and predetermine that. It makes no difference where I start from to do that so I just let 7 make the initial decision.

3. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    a cmd file with something like this may help...

POWERCFG -Change -monitor-timeout-ac 60
    POWERCFG -Change -monitor-timeout-dc 30
    POWERCFG -Change -disk-timeout-ac 60
    POWERCFG -Change -disk-timeout-dc 30
    POWERCFG -Change -standby-timeout-ac 500
    POWERCFG -Change -standby-timeout-dc 60
    POWERCFG -Change -hibernate-timeout-ac 800
    POWERCFG -Change -hibernate-timeout-dc 120
    POWERCFG -H OFF
    powercfg -SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_BALANCED SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0
    powercfg -SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_BALANCED SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0