Change Win7 from english to japanese

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by John Grey, Aug 21, 2013.

1. John Grey

John Grey MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2012
    On my computer there is a clean installed win 7 ulti in english. I need to change this to japanese, I have already downloaded the japanese language pack.

How do I change the language? Or, where do I find the instructions? My search did not result in anything useful...

Thanks

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #2 Humphrey, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Google

Code:

How to change the Windows 7 Display Language: 

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
    2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language dropdown menu.
    3. Click OK
    4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John Grey

Apr 12, 2012
    Thanks.... I did not know that it was that easy. But the language on the other installed softare will remain english?

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Unknown. I have sat and listened to a few developers when they write their programs and seems that they either need to have a translation done for their program or leave it up to the system. Chances are yes, all programs, unless they have a language option, will be in English.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #5 LatinMcG, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    when u install the program it asks u lang .. so u have to reinstall prog with the language change hopefully in setup of the program ?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The change of the Display Language didn't change the Language for the 3. party applications, just for Windows it self and some of it's pre-installed tools.

7. John Grey

Apr 12, 2012
    No, it does not, but you can simply download another version in the new language and then update it again....

8. MissFortuneGO

MissFortuneGO MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2013
    It depends on the software whether supports different languages.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To which the MS Language pack could NOT be used, that new language must come from the Apps Developer!:cool: