Changing Award BIOS splash screen

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by DKane, Nov 21, 2009.

1. DKane

DKane MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I know this is not the usual kind of BIOS mod, but does anyone know how to replace the full-screen splash in an Award BIOS? I've got a Gigabyte board with DualBIOS, so I'm safe to mess with such things, and I was wondering how it would be done.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DKane

DKane MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    #3 DKane, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    (OP)
    Thank you for the name "cbrom", was all I needed. I made a 640x480 BMP, the JPEG engine thingummy didn't work :/ But I now have TPB in 8-bit glory when I hit the power button.

Know anything about the jpeg engine installer? It doesn't seem to regonise the /jpeg_eng switch.

EDIT: Ok, that's because I need a jpeg engine file, isn't it? Anyone got one?

4. sdannenberg3

sdannenberg3 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    Does anyone know if it is possible to mod it so the splash screen is the ONLY thing that shows till the OS starts loading? Like over both my SATA AHCI and IDE bios screens too? My splash screen shows, but then when it goes to the next step and detects my HDD's from my onboard SATA chipset it shows it all in letters.

Im thinking the only way would be to edit the bios for the SATA chipset so it has a splash screen as well.