Changing UUID String

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cburak, Feb 15, 2011.

1. cburak

cburak MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi... I trying to change my uuid number. But somewhere I have a mistake but I cant find. So I ask for help:) I have HP Pavilion laptop. Phoenix Bios. And download a original *.wph file from hp. And trying to change uuid with ph171600.exe (phlash17) but I try nearly 30 times (and with another commands too /uuid /e2) dont know why it dont change. I follow This steps>

-Download wph file and open with Phoenix Bios Editor Pro
    -Change DMI Strings>UUID to a random value
    -copy to bootable usb
    -Flash with phlash17 or /uuid or /e2 and combinations of those
    doesnt work

and this steps>
    -Download wph file and open with Phoenix Bios Editor Pro
    -Change DMI Strings>UUID to FFFFFFFFFFF....F
    -copy to bootable usb
    -Flash with phlash17 or /uuid or /e2 and combinations of those
    doesnt work

And when I flash with phlash17 (only phlash17 not phlash16 or winphlash) pc shut down itself when process isnt done. Half of "flash memory block ..." pc shut down.

And I tried another things (phlash16 and winphlash) too but I hope thats enougf for your get it. I know I have a little mistake but I cant see. Please help me :worthy: I flash my bios 15-20 times last 3 days.

Thank You very much to reading this

(Sory for very bad english I hope I was clear enougf)
    (And I neewbie for you :D Please tell me simply if you can :)

2. cburak

cburak MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    #3 cburak, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    (OP)
    Thank you so much:) ITS WORK GREAT. I changed uuid, guid and everything else really easy:) But I have a another question. I banned a server by console 3 week ago (dont ask why :( a virus which is downloaded from internet spamming the server by me) and trying to unban but nothings work. I dont know they banned what? (uuid, guid, mac adrees, system name, system serial etc etc...) I tried to format my computer 2 times and change hard disk serial system name mac adress ip adress such this things. And today I (Thanks for TTAV134 and anmg) change bios infos (uuid, guid, system serial) But Iam still banned. Which info can they ban me? What should I change more?

(more detail: There is a program installed client side for enter server. This program generates a Unique ID for each computer from somewhere(I try to find but cant) such as '0:0:436280697' (this is my ID) What should I do? :( How this program can recognize me? Which bios value that I have to change or another things to unrecognize?

Thanks for any ideas...

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    probably banned by IP address (the external one of your modem, controlled by the ISP)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes it is controlled by ISP, and changing information on computer hardware means nothing what if you sold the computer do you think new owner would be banned from the site i don't think so :)

5. cburak

cburak MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    Thank for ideas. I am really gratefull. But my ip is change every ADSL resets. And I try manually change IP and try proxy change even change ADSL another mark and model. I went another city (another ISP) and try again. All result>failure. The server cant recognize me but program which is access to server, recognize me and give the same ID everytime and I cant access a banned ID.

Another ideas :worthy:

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Only other thing i can think of is the program you are using it maybe saving settings or information somewhere.

7. cburak

cburak MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    #8 cburak, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    (OP)
    But I hard formated my pc 2 times?

8. Faceline

Faceline MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2013
    Not able to change UUID -- changed everything but not UUID -- plz guide me Sir--

Thanks..!!