Charms Bar for Windows XP/Vista/7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vali20, Aug 28, 2012.

?

Do you like my implementation of Charms Bar for the Windows XP/Vista/7 OSs?

1. Yes / Ja / Oui / Sí / Da

42.9%
  2. No / Nein / Non / No / Nu

57.1%
  1. vali20

vali20 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2012
    #1 vali20, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I believe you cannot post your application in the Projects section because you are very new at MDL.

I'm just supposing...

Anyway I'm trying your app right now and seems to be pretty interesting, it mimic the charms bar with almost perfection, let me try more and I'll give you a better feedback.

Is there any way to translate it into my own language (Pt-BR)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Looks like an interesting application.

Good job with. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ItielMaN

ItielMaN MDL Senior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Wow very imperssive.
    According to the youtube tutorial, I can't notice to any difference between your app and Windows 8's Charms bar.

Personally I don't need it, but I will definitely recommend it to whoever will need it.

Looking forward for v2 ;)

5. vali20

vali20 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2012
    #5 vali20, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    (OP)
    @ScBrigth Yes, it is very easy to translate it. You have to provide me the following strings translated in your language:
    Add to Startup =
    About Charms =
    Language =
    Status =
    Print =
    Screen resolution =
    Device Manager =
    The printer list cannot be shown while in desktop. But you can print using the application's options from herein. =
    You can also change the screen resolution or manage the devices plugged in the computer. =
    Tip: You can easily print, from any application, by using the [Ctrl] + [P] key combination. =
    Send =
    Remember me =
    Share =
    In order to send this e-mail, you have to log in using you Google Mail account name and password. =
    Google Mail user name (without the @ sign): =
    Password: =
    Unable to send the message. Check the connection strings and try again. =
    Sending message, please wait... =
    You message has been sucessfully sent! Clcik anywhere outside this form to dismiss. =
    Search =
    Share (I know it is again, but it is easier for me to import them) =
    Devices =
    Settings =
    Programs =
    Settings =
    Files, folders and devices =
    On the Internet using Google Search =
    On the Internet using Yahoo! Search =
    On the Internet using Bing =
    Search =
    Cannot search in the application currently open in the desktop. You can search on the computer for an application, a setting or a file. Click the button matching the place where you want to search items. =
    Personalization =
    Lock =
    Switch users =
    Hibernate =
    Restart =
    Turn Off =
    Windows Task Manager =
    Language, version and updates info =
    Switch application desktop/Metro mode =
    System Information =
    Help and Support =
    Power =
    Network =
    Volume =
    More PC Settings =
    Sleep =
    Remove =
    No =
    Remove stored Google Mail log in info =
    Share =
    From the desktop, you can share a screenshot of the current open application. What service would you like to use to send the photo? =
    Are you sure you want to remove the Google Account login data from the local storage? =
    Send =
    To: =
    Enter a title =
    Here, write the message =
    "Hei! Look at this intresting page I found when surfing the Internet: " + URLvenit + ". I really recommend you to check it out!" (respect the sintax, please) =
    Your language name (like English, română, Francais, Deutsch...) =

That is it all! Write the translated string after the ”=” sign and provide them here, as a reply to this topic. Then, I shall immediatly release an update for your language. now, I am working on translations for German and French (the other 2 languages I know somehow).

@Josh Cell Thanks! Really appreciate that people are interested in this type of apps.

@ItielManN Charms for Win XP/Vista/7 has more features, like the option to print, or share from the desktop. Thanks for watching the tutorial and hope you're gonna use it someday.

Feel free to ask other questions, I never mind! In fact, I am really happy to know that you found my app. Thanks!

6. c-dan

c-dan MDL Member

Apr 22, 2011
    :spoton:
    Keep up the good work!!
    :worthy:

7. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
    the best charms bar clone for windows 7. :biggrin: