Cheap and easy way to get Windows 7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by marbun, Nov 24, 2009.

1. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    #1 marbun, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. vision

vision MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    It sounds great. Did you try this method yet ? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I can do the same without buying Starter first so im not quite sure where the advantage is.

After all if im going to use an SLP key anyway, why not just install from disk in the 1st place?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    yes, of course, u can try that.
    activate or not, OEM SLP Key can upgrade online.
    just put OEM SLP serial at Windows Anytime Upgrade

5. vision

vision MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Is there any difference between Windows Anytime Upgrade and Windows downloaded from MSDN or TechNet ?

6. maxdebesciak

maxdebesciak MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    there is a major difference, because WAU upgrades your system on-the-fly, no iso's are downloaded to your disk

7. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I think starting a clean install is better, but nonetheless, its a good piece of information.

8. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thank`s for sharing the info, sometime I will try it just for fun and education purpose. :)

9. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    As (at least in the western world) Starter is not sold as a standalone product, but only preinstalled, and currently only from Royalty OEMs in the netbook category, this advice mainly benefits customers who buy one an OEM:SLP Starter Netbook, and want a better version of Windows without having to reinstall.

It's true, you can upgrade to any version (except Enterprise) via Anytime upgrade, and an SLP key. If the system has a matching SLIC (emulated or real) and cert, it will be activated.

10. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    So, if you have a genuine SLIC - ie an OEM machine (or modded BIOS) - or use a loader you can install any version of 7 you like ??

Now, that is news !

11. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    if you use the slic 2.1 or 7loader, of course you will be able to do anything, choose whatever version you like at WAU

I mean, if you want windows 7 to run without loader or bios mod, you can use my way. that is, only by buying windows 7 starter, then activate it, and then do online upgrades. so, your windows can run without any crack.

12. andrew84uk

andrew84uk MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2009
    Interesting, why would they allow this? :confused:

13. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Shame! WAU is not available in my Country. Damn 3rd world!:mad:

14. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    WAU found on Windows 7 Starter until Professional. Ultimate and Enterprise clearly has no longer WAU. What version are you using now?

15. cuncon

cuncon MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2009
    @marbun & to all

I have one question.

I've installed Windows 7 Home Premium with MSDN key form a friend. Now I want to upgrade Ultimate but I have no key for Ultimate. My PC has no SLIC 2.1 ( It is a self-built PC )

Can I upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate by using OEM Key to activate for Ultimate Version ??

Thank in advanced.

16. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    #16 marbun, Nov 25, 2009
    (OP)
  17. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    U Can Do a Clean Install,of Ultimate Version,And Use One of the Loader-Daz's
    Or get an MSDN Ultimate Key From Ur Frnd>>>

18. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    everyone already knows about loaderDAZ or another, here I try to enable the Windows Anytime Upgrade facilities, there are several problems with using the boot loader,

I mean, if you want windows that are legal, cheap price, then the way is enough just to buy windows 7 starter, and do online upgrade using the OEM SLP key. and you will not find another loader problem

19. cuncon

cuncon MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2009
    #19 cuncon, Nov 25, 2009
  20. marbun

marbun MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    In principle, the Windows Anytime Upgrade can upgrade to windows that have been activated or not. I've tried to do this upgrade on windows that have not been activated, and the result is able to upgrade too.
    yes, I do this on a computer that has a SLIC 2.1, but you can try it too, at least to your knowledge.
    you can try to enter the OEM SLP key, Windows Anytime Upgrade will perform validation and read your hardware needs. if your computer support, online upgrade will be continued. after entering the key and perform validation, you can still choose to continue or cancel.
    give me a review, because I've never tried it on computers that do not have SLIC 2.1

thanks