Cheap ebay windows 10 license key.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by edmiri, Aug 2, 2017.

1. edmiri

edmiri MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2016
    What you guys think about windows 10 pro OEM scrap pc license from Ebay?
    They are very cheap, around 5$.
    If i buy and use that key in my pc is there a possibility that the seller would resell the key or i am safe because OEM keys are forever tied to the motherboard they activate for the first time?

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    For $5 they're probably stolen anyway

Plenty of methods here to get genuine 10 digital license without buying it

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    They are either stolen or used up so you have to call msft to reactivate.
    As MrMagic said, there are better and cheaper ways.

4. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I agree why pay when u can get it for free;)

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    OK 5 bucks aren't much and many wouldn't think about, just, that would be nothing else as just bogus!

I really didn't understand why eBay still let posters post such Fraud?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    I have bought several of them (not from ebay though), they work just fine for years. Pro for $5, who can refuse that, that again, it has got more expensive, it costs $10 now. :D

7. edmiri

edmiri MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2016
    They are legit because they sent you a piece of motherboard that the oem license is being pulled off.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That piece could be the BIOS-Chip only, because the actual Windows 10 OEM Product Keys are located inside the BIOS, on a non-editable area, or, those Sellers are producing copies of an original BIOS with a modern BIOS Burner. Still, that wouldn't be legit, because those Product Key's would be used in different machines they were sold originally with!
    That would be difficult for to check, even online as long as the Brand of the 'new' computer is the same as the original one! On the end of the day, it would be all about how keen Microsoft would be for to check out those details first, find the wrongdoers and finally bring them to justice! I don't think they would do that in general!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No slic bioskey will activate windows, the oem:non slp key will (coa sticker), but as i said, you probably have to call MSFT

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Regarding the OEM Key with COA, Yes, that would work some way!
    Regarding the BIOS that would work if used in the same Brand MB and/or Laptop, and, if the MB accept that BIOS-Chip. That I've done on a Lenovo Laptop a few weeks ago, which had a burned Mainboard, which I exchanged with another MB, which didn't haven't originally w10 installed and neither w8.1! Activation was done with no problems automatically!

11. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Do you really think that they'll send you a motherboard for $5 (including shipping)? They only put that message there to cover their asses. All you'll get is an email with an activation code, which is likely stolen and sold to multiple people.

12. edmiri

edmiri MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2016
    I had my doubt about that tbh.
    What if i am the first one to use that key. Can the others reuse it if they buy after me? I heard its an one time use key and if its used can only be reused in the same motherboard.

13. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Just use one of the methods here on MDL to get a digital license for free, forget about dodge keys from ebay

14. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    They might complain about it not working, so the seller will then tell them to activate the key over a phone.

Just look at the negative and neutral feedback. You'll see complaints about keys not working, keys being blocked, not receiving a motherboard etc.

As others have said, you can get a permanent digital license for free. Just activate Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate and then upgrade to Windows 10.

15. pmp1214

pmp1214 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2016
    I was about to reply saying "Install Win7 and use Windows loader, then update to 10" and then I realized I posted right after Daz.

Thanks for putting out Windows loader Daz!

16. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Don't know about their legitimacy, but last week I bought a MS Office 2016 key for 5GBP, registered it with Microsoft and downloaded the Office files, working fine without problems !

17. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Yep. This is just so that people think they're not pirates. Its just as illegal.

Donate $10 to UNICEF or Medicines sans Frontier if you want.

18. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    A friend of mine used to work at a HP warehouse. Anything with the slightest damage (ie, sun fade on the packaging/bent server chasis with contents) would be placed into a shipping container for sale by weight.
    Dealers would blindly purchase the container knowing it was worth it (they may have bid on them, can't remember).

Notebooks had Vista/Win7 COA stickers that were never used as they were all activated by SLP.