Check mirror status on Storage Spaces

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Lucas Rey, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Lucas Rey

Lucas Rey MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
  2. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Just use stabilebit drive pool if you want a decent and not scaring pooling/mirroring solution. It can even send you an email if some file meant to be duplicated lacks the duped file or the duplicated files didn't pass the CRC check.

Storage space is a joke

3. Lucas Rey

Lucas Rey MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #4 Lucas Rey, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    (OP)
    Thank you for replies.

leebo_28: I need a simple application who simply alert user (low level user :p ) when a disk goes down. A report is too complicated to read! ;)
    T-S: are you sure stabile bit drive pool is suoitable for my needs? I'm trying the trial, and I can only point to a logical drive to create virtual drive, but there's no option to create a mirror between real drives.
    EDIT: Wops! Wrong App. Downloaded "Cloud Drive" instead of "drive pool" :rolleyes:

4. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    #5 T-S, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Yes, I'm sure
    You must add at least two drives/partitions to the pool to have the duplication options. No need to format the drives to do so (the pool is inside of an hidden GUID folder, hence is readable from any OS in case of problems/disasters), you can move quickly any existing files from a real drive to the pool just moving your files inside that folder.

You can dupe a whole drive/partition or selected files/folders. You can have single, duplicated, triplicated... files/folders transparently inside the same pool.

All the duplication and pool settings are selfcontained, so if you reformat your OS or you move your pooled drive to another PC, you have just to install DP, no additional configuration will be needed, no configuration will be lost..

5. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Cloud drive is another brilliant SW although unrelated with your question.

Anyway using both of them you can mirror two different cloud services, a cloud service and a real drive, one or more cloud services and one or more local drives, you can encrypt the drive making useless any Cloud breach, and so on...