Check my Build

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by jrccomputer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jrccomputer

jrccomputer MDL Junior Member

Apr 3, 2012
    #1 jrccomputer, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Read the reviews on the NewEgg site about the hard drive and the monitor.

Even though the drive is large, it might give you problems or end up being slow because it's meant more for enterprise backup than for running systems. (At least that's what one or two customers were saying.)

Also, there are a number of customers who are complaining about dead pixels on the monitor, so check it thoroughly if/when you get it.

Best of luck with everything.

:Miki.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jrccomputer

Apr 3, 2012
    Other than that would my build all work together. Would my build be good and fast???

4. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    About storage, don't just think of the size, since you can always have more than 1 drive! Best way to go about it is have a main SSD drive, and then have mechanical storage drives for video, audio, etc. Basically you want the OS and programs that benefit from speed on the SSD, and the rest on other drives (considering space).

In short, about whether it will be fast, the answer is 'no' without a SSD, it does make a very big difference!

5. jrccomputer

Apr 3, 2012
  6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Samsung seems to be pretty good. I have a Samsung 512 gb ssd and it makes all the world of difference.
    I'd stay away from the 2TB drive, unless you're planning to use it for backup.
    You'd probably be better off with two 750 GB mechanical drives. If you're worried about losing data, just raid the two drives.

7. jrccomputer

Apr 3, 2012
    Well, I need something for video and music storage. I will use the SSD for OS and game files and use a 2TB western Digital hard drive for my music and videos.